Flame angel looking rough

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4874.JPG
IMG_4873.JPG

Can anyone tell what those white patches are? I mistakenly let my girlfriend inspect this fish at the store and “pick it out” I saw the torn fins and thought okay it’s a little beat up but might be salvageable.. now that it’s in the tank I am noticing these white patches come up.. any ideas? My QT tanks pump broke this morning ironically so I took the risk and now I’m regretting it..

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from pic, but it looks bacterial since it is a broad white patch. I haven't used it firsthand, but I have heard Erythromycin & Minocycline works well as a broad treatment when you cannot pinpoint what type of bacterial infection it is.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from pic, but it looks bacterial since it is a broad white patch. I haven't used it firsthand, but I have heard Erythromycin & Minocycline works well as a broad treatment when you cannot pinpoint what type of bacterial infection it is.

Thanks for the help.. I’ve got some polyplab medic I am gonna start adding in tank tonight. Because I thought it was bacterial but wanted another opinion.. sorry for pic quality it’s hiding in my shrimps cave and the shrimp has been cleaning it.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I would certainly want some more experienced reefers to add to what I said just to be sure I am not sending you down the wrong path.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for a better view of this spot. Does it resemble more of a sore versus a white spot? Either way he needs to be in QT and treated aggressively for bacterial infection. But that spot has me concerned
792B3372-E66C-4C90-8C72-880FC62BA63E.jpeg

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for a better view of this spot. Does it resemble more of a sore versus a white spot? Either way he needs to be in QT and treated aggressively for bacterial infection. But that spot has me concerned
792B3372-E66C-4C90-8C72-880FC62BA63E.jpeg

I’m unable to even see that spot with or without camera.. not sure about it. There looks like a small bump maybe in the same area but I no longer see a white spot there.
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4896.JPG

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m unable to even see that spot with or without camera.. not sure about it. There looks like a small bump maybe in the same area but I no longer see a white spot there.
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4896.JPG

Ok is there any redness developing behind or around those white spots? I’m concerned about Uronema as it becoming more prevalent in these Angels. At s minimum he needs at least the trifecta (metro, Kanaplex, Furan 2) and he needs it ASAP.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-the-trifecta.386582/

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the new pics, those spots look completely different than what I was thinking I saw. I thought the single spot was a reflection and the reflection was one giant spot.

If it is Uronema you will need to use metro. Metro is best used with food for an internal infection like this. Manufacturer websites will give the information on how to soak the food and prepare it.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the new pics, those spots look completely different than what I was thinking I saw. I thought the single spot was a reflection and the reflection was one giant spot.

If it is Uronema you will need to use metro. Metro is best used with food for an internal infection like this. Manufacturer websites will give the information on how to soak the food and prepare it.

Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back