Flame Angel Puffy Eye and Flashing?

the.introvertebrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My flame angel has a puffy left eye (also cloudy) and I often see him doing circles rubbing his side against the back glass in this very specific spot, he is eating well and isn't showing signs of weakness or fatigue so I am not sure what it could be. There was an issue with a yellow tang being aggressive which i've resolved 1-2 weeks ago i don't know if he got hit or not? I suspected flukes but im not sure? Will the little guy heal on his own if hes eating well? Do I need to intervene? He's very hard to catch so i'm hoping he might be able to come good in time otherwise i'll be taking out all my rock work to try and catch him..

All other fish in the tank are fine and the paramaters are all good

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 5
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 0-0.012
pH 8.2
S.G 1.023
Temp 26.5'C

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing to do if you want to check for flukes is to catch the angel. Wait until the tank has been dark and the room too, for at least 2 hours. Using a small flashlight find the fish. Shine the light in its eyes. The light will mesmerize the fish, usually making it easy to catch. Place the fish into a quarantine tank. Then prepare to do a Freshwater Dip.

A single puffy eye usually is an injury. Can treat by dosing the tank with 1 tablespoon of plain USP Epsom salts per 5 gallon of tank water. Can dose again in 2 days.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back