Flame Angel Temperament

brandodand016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wanted a flame angel in my tank. I have a very peaceful 125 gal tank with several small peaceful fish. I’ve been doing more research and see flame angels can be little demons and I don’t want to make my smaller fish resort to hiding with an angel introduced. I also plan on adding 3 tangs at some point down the road.

Does anyone have any experience with owning a flame angel and their temperament with other tank mates?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wanted a flame angel in my tank. I have a very peaceful 125 gal tank with several small peaceful fish. I’ve been doing more research and see flame angels can be little demons and I don’t want to make my smaller fish resort to hiding with an angel introduced. I also plan on adding 3 tangs at some point down the road.

Does anyone have any experience with owning a flame angel and their temperament with other tank mates?
I don’t have a Flame but I do have the opposite to that and have a Coral Beauty. Dwarf angels in general can be boisterous towards other angels however once bigger, Coral Beauties (and I’ve seen the same occur with Flames) can be more aggressive. They tend to go for butterflies, other angels, and Hawkfish.

If you want an angelfish that’s peaceful, go for a regal. Mine is a little angel and doesn’t really go for other fish in my tank - unless they get in her way but that’s with any fish. These guys are also less likely to rummage through corals compared to the dwarf angels. Although, Acans, Scolys, Trachys, certain Zoas and similar corals to them are likely to be munched on.

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Before they sadly became too expensive here I had several flame angels. Beautiful peaceful additions to my tank.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Flame didn't bother the Pajama Cardinal or Leopard Wrasse but did have to stick up for itself again the male Clown. What's weird is that it's the Female Clown that is the bully but she didn't care at all. The Blue and Powder Brown did size up the Flame but eventually got bored and left it alone.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak for flames, but my Lemonpeel absolutely destroyed my coral beauty’s beauty the first 2-3 days. Thankfully the beauty’s behavior is 100% normal (eating, swimming, etc), and I’ve already seen some fin regrowth. Hopefully the cease fire continues as when the war started I was unable to catch either one, and I don’t guess it’ll be any easier in the future.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame is a bully. Fights sometimes with my mammoth female maroon. Always looking for my bicolor angel (who is also quite bold ) and sometimes messes with my yellow longnose butterfly. Never bothered my large copperband. Never done serious damage but for sure what I would label semi-aggressive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back