Flame Angels Courtship and Spawn

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This evening, I got home early and was able to see my tank as the light dimmed down. One of my female Flame Angels was engorged with eggs. So much so that it seem she is about to bust. I know from previous experience that she will spawn imminently so I took my phone out hoping to be able to record the event. I should turn out the room light and close all the windows, but I did not think of it at the time. Maybe next time the quality of the video is better. Enjoy.

Never mind the mantel problem on my T. gigas. He is getting the Bubble in the mantel disease due to too much light. My tank, mainly my anemones and SPS require too much light. Not an ideal situation for a T. gigas. I really should re-home my Gigas but that clam is almost 20 years old. It is not easy to get a Gigas these day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the cool video Minh! I'm impressed with your ability to pinpoint the spawning so well. Hope you are well and good.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back