Flame Anthias

SlingingBuddha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up 2 flame Anthias, one make one female. The female is doing great very active and eating well. The mal on the other hand hides in the caves alot which I know is normal but he doesn't seem to be eating much. Today when feeding he remained in the rock work and came out after he came out so I refed him and he only nibbled at the food. There are no aggressive tank mates, 2 clowns & a foxface. Any suggestions?
 
How long have you had them? My Evansi did not make an appearance for almost 2 weeks.
Also are you feeding them what your supplier was feeding?
 
I have had them for a few days, about 3 or 4. The supplier was moving them into pellets but was previously feeding mysis so I feed both. Hell come out but doesn't seem to eat much
image.jpg
 
Looks like lyretail anthias. They kinda shy at first but will get aggressive and very hardy especially the male. It'll be better with a few females and 1 male
 
The male seems to be a flame Anthias but the female does look like a lyretail & they were labeled flame Anthias. Will the female become aggressive?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new