Flaming halkfish

Tactical Reefkeeping

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2023
Messages
325
Reaction score
223
Location
mount dora
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help so a fellow reefer of mine needs to get rid of his halkfish because it is eating his shrimp and he says it does not have any aggression with any other fish are halkfish normally aggressive or they are normally friendly towards other reef fish
 
Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help so a fellow reefer of mine needs to get rid of his halkfish because it is eating his shrimp and he says it does not have any aggression with any other fish are halkfish normally aggressive or they are normally friendly towards other reef fish
Depends on the hawkfish. Mine was a surrender because he terrorized all the fish, even large tangs in the guy’s tank. I picked him up and I havnt seen any issues with him at all. I have a pistol shrimp in my tank too. If it already eats shrimp then dont take if if you have shrimp. But it might do just fine in your tank.
I need help so a fellow reefer of mine needs to get rid of his halkfish because it is eating his shrimp and he says it does not have any aggression with any other fish are halkfish normally aggressive or they are normally friendly towards other reef fish
Depends on the hawkfish. Mine was a surrender because he terrorized all the fish, even large tangs in the guy’s tank. I picked him up and I havnt seen any issues with him at all. I have a pistol shrimp in my tank too. If it already eats shrimp then dont take if if you have shrimp. But it might do just fine in your tank.
 
Upvote 0
Solution
Generally flame hawks are smallish and won’t bother other fish.
 
Upvote 0
I need help so a fellow reefer of mine needs to get rid of his halkfish because it is eating his shrimp and he says it does not have any aggression with any other fish are halkfish normally aggressive or they are normally friendly towards other reef fish
Ive personally had a bad experience with a hawk, he ended up killing a Radiant Wrasse and then proceeded to go for my Diamond Tail Flasher.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new