View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are Krakatoa same as psycho melons??

CoralPedia.com :: Psycho Melons

Looks like it to me

Just showing how rare they are not. Haha

I see what you guys are referring to (kind of), BUT, if you hadn't seen this polyp on Coralpedia and you guys hypothetically speaking "bought" the Krakatoa and they sent you the exact polyp from Coralpedia claiming it was a Krakatoa...what would you think, honestly?

Not on one side of the fence or the other, just being objective.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387640959.239224.jpg

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you guys are referring to (kind of), BUT, if you hadn't seen this polyp on Coralpedia and you guys hypothetically speaking "bought" the Krakatoa and they sent you the exact polyp from Coralpedia claiming it was a Krakatoa...what would you think, honestly?

Not on one side of the fence or the other, just being objective.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387640959.239224.jpg

It appears that They are very close. Hard to say with the difference in lighting. One being mostly blue and the other mostly white. Then factor in the morphing that goes along with that lighting. But unless someone is sitting on a colony of melons the question will never be answered

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that They are very close. Hard to say with the difference in lighting. One being mostly blue and the other mostly white. Then factor in the morphing that goes along with that lighting. But unless someone is sitting on a colony of melons the question will never be answered

I completely agree with everything you just said!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone WAS sitting on a colony of melons they probably are being sold off as Kraks anyway. Lol

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone WAS sitting on a colony of melons they probably are being sold off as Kraks anyway. Lol

they would be able to tank a unpaid full 5year vacation if they were. I am sure someone who has them and if they see that, They will bugg out. That would be funny.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go again..... Who actually has the psycho melons in their system.... Come forward please
lolol i think lps1212 did a incredible job starting this thread .... dont we all love to see what else has been posted when we see flamin mohican vs krak lolol ...lps1212 your like barnes and noble ,,, always giving us something to read

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter one bit in pricing. If they are the same as the melons I'm guessing the melons have melted away. Otherwise this would have been brought up before. Sad to see how entire strains can just get wiped out.

PRomero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching for an id on a different ZOA Lol and stumbled upon the melons and I was like the patterns are so close, can it be???

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol there no where as bright....very similar....no need to photo shop pics of the krak they are already the brightest zoa in the tank....imo

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about how bright the Krakatoa is and all i see is pictures under blue light. any one have a picture of it just under white light so we can see the difference.

JVI90gREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol there no where as bright....very similar....no need to photo shop pics of the krak they are already the brightest zoa in the tank....imo

That's why I posted the pic of them together...The more and more I look at them the more differences I see. The size of the Krak seems significantly bigger, the pattern on the Krak is MUCH more detailed and symmetrical, and the coloration on the Krak seems to be WAY more vivid! I myself would say they are a very small percentage the same. We pay more for certain things in this hobby...color, pattern, size, rarity, and health...all of which encompass the larger percentage in how these two polyps are different!

Disclaimer #1: I only use the word "seems"...because I myself don't have them side by side in my tank.

Disclaimer #2: Blasted with blues or not, the Krak is what it is! However, this other polyp looks like it is light years behind from a pattern and coloration standpoint!!!

Just my take based on visual evidence

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back