flaming mohican vs krakatoa

Hallucination

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh come on man.... They are not that bad.... One thing I have learned with them is that they like higher lighting and medium flow, pretty much the same requirements as a bowser. They are not as finicky as people say they are but I will tell you that once you find a spot they like in your tank, don't move them. Let them be and they will be fine.... I know for a fact that some people started to freak out when their Krak was closed for a day and thought that it needed to be dipped and people started moving them around and they wouldn't open back up. Rumor has it that I lost like 15-20 of them? Yes it is true, it was not because they were finicky it was because of my tank crash (long story short, fake rock being sold as fiji live rock poisoned my tank). I will tell you the Kraks were not the first to go. They hung in there while others were going. The ones I currently have were closed up for over a month and I was able to nurse them back to health and are good and growing now. The trigger for them closing up was that my salt was running too high. The refractormeter calibration fluid I purchased from BRS was bad and my tank was running up in the 1.030 range. Yea everything lived but the Krak closed up after the tank was running high salinity for a couple of weeks. There is always a cause and effect on why something dies. One of the Krak owners (not LPS1212) never tested his water and just does water changes, is that proper reef keeping habbits? Something went wrong or he had a swing of something in his system and the Krak closed up. When he saw the Krak closed he started picking them up then moving them around, then take them out of the water and then put them back in the water various times no matter how many times I told him not too. Eventually they ended up melting.

Post up a pic of your healthy krak Duke! Prove them haters wrong!

OP
OP
lps1212

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Krak zoa. It is in the very back of my tank way out of the main light so it absolutely blows for getting a good picture of the colors on it. I just haven't wanted to move it since it is so happy. I will slowly try and move it out into more light over time so the pictures will get better...or, Richie T needs to bring his camera when he comes over and get a decent picture of it for me ;)!!!

Krak 4-5-14 sm.jpg
congrats on being able to get a happy krak I your tank I see that it is very happy mines was also for awhile before it just up and melted for no apparent reason just like a darth maul :squigglemouth:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on being able to get a happy krak I your tank I see that it is very happy mines was also for awhile before it just up and melted for no apparent reason just like a darth maul :squigglemouth:

How long did it last before it melted? Did it close first and never open again?

OP
OP
lps1212

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it last before it melted? Did it close first and never open again?
a couple of weeks atleast growing well for awhile I was upto 3-4p before it went south just close up and never opened back up

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is some confusion as there are two auctions going right now. One from the coral farmer called King Kracks which do look exactly like the flaming mohicans. Then the GB combo with the master and then queen which looks nice. Should be interesting where that one prices out at. There seems to be a lot of fluctuations recently with the prices on those two.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The master looks like the picture... It's just a sub adult.. I am sure that when it gets bigger it will look like the picture that first popped up

OP
OP
lps1212

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone get on board and hype up the ebay thread to make rudy a killing on his master krak/queen krak combo sale up right now which is upto almost 1k already

Last edited:

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dnt even wanna see the auction when he posts up the krak trio, queen master and the OG!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back