Flasher Wrasse QT

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am picking up my very first wrasse this week. I have a 20 gallon QT tank set up but I have some questions.

I understand wrasse are sensitive to some chemicals. In the past I've used Prazipro and Cupprasafe. Are there ok? Should I skip them and just do an observation QT?

If I use egg crate to cover the tank will the wrasse be able to jump through the openings? (I don't have it yet so I'm not sure of the size)

Thanks for any and all advice!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am picking up my very first wrasse this week. I have a 20 gallon QT tank set up but I have some questions.

I understand wrasse are sensitive to some chemicals. In the past I've used Prazipro and Cupprasafe. Are there ok? Should I skip them and just do an observation QT?

If I use egg crate to cover the tank will the wrasse be able to jump through the openings? (I don't have it yet so I'm not sure of the size)

Thanks for any and all advice!
Both those meds can be used, but the copper will need to be brought up more slowly than the directions say.

A flasher wrasse can jump through eggcrate.

BellaCoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Wrasse kept jumping for a while and I should have used a mesh but i ended up having extra egg crates and just over lapped them. I love Wrasse but they can be a royal pain. On that same note they are beautiful just have to prepare haha

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut a piece of egg crate to fit my 20 gal, with cutouts for the HOB filter. Then I glued screen onto it. It held for a while, I have to touch up the glue occasionally. Keeps the fish in though.

Back