Flasher Wrasse QT

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am picking up my very first wrasse this week. I have a 20 gallon QT tank set up but I have some questions.

I understand wrasse are sensitive to some chemicals. In the past I've used Prazipro and Cupprasafe. Are there ok? Should I skip them and just do an observation QT?

If I use egg crate to cover the tank will the wrasse be able to jump through the openings? (I don't have it yet so I'm not sure of the size)

Thanks for any and all advice!
 
I am picking up my very first wrasse this week. I have a 20 gallon QT tank set up but I have some questions.

I understand wrasse are sensitive to some chemicals. In the past I've used Prazipro and Cupprasafe. Are there ok? Should I skip them and just do an observation QT?

If I use egg crate to cover the tank will the wrasse be able to jump through the openings? (I don't have it yet so I'm not sure of the size)

Thanks for any and all advice!
Both those meds can be used, but the copper will need to be brought up more slowly than the directions say.

A flasher wrasse can jump through eggcrate.
 
Thanks for the quick response. I'll come up with a better cover before I pick him up.
 
My Wrasse kept jumping for a while and I should have used a mesh but i ended up having extra egg crates and just over lapped them. I love Wrasse but they can be a royal pain. On that same note they are beautiful just have to prepare haha
 
I cut a piece of egg crate to fit my 20 gal, with cutouts for the HOB filter. Then I glued screen onto it. It held for a while, I have to touch up the glue occasionally. Keeps the fish in though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new