Flashing tilefish… what would you want to know?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skunk tilefish is on my dream list
flashing are cool too but something about the white with the single stripe is so cool to me
Honestly, the Marcosi was on my list for a while and then I finally found one from an import, it looked gorgeous and still looks stunning. He has an iridescence on him so he goes blue under some light and also has red/orange under others

Angelbethany

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We kept a flashing tilefish successfully for 7 months. He then got some kind of intestinal parasite (we think) and suddenly got super thin despite eating tons, and died.

After they’re comfortable they don’t flash much- he would if he was really excited about the food, but otherwise they mostly flash when stressed.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We kept a flashing tilefish successfully for 7 months. He then got some kind of intestinal parasite (we think) and suddenly got super thin despite eating tons, and died.

After they’re comfortable they don’t flash much- he would if he was really excited about the food, but otherwise they mostly flash when stressed.
Sorry to hear that, what size tank?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Honestly, I disagree with them not flashing much. I’ve had several that displayed even when healthy and unstressed yet not during feeding.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back