Flashing yellow wrasse

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow wrasse in QT. I have gone thru 2 cycles of Prazi pro first time at normal dose waited 3 days and treated again with twice the normal dose. Wrasse still occasionally flashes against the little sand container in his QT tank. There is no blemishes, spots, heavy or unusual breathing or anything unusual about the wrasses appearance. He eats great but on occasion will still flash. He has been in QT 4 weeks now. Any thoughts on what I need to do.
Larry

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a possibility that flukes are still in the picture as the doses should be 5-7 days apart, 3 may have been too soon. It's done this way so that the first dose kills the adults and the second gets the eggs after they hatch. Also keep in mind they he may still scratch for a time after due to the damage caused to the gills. Ich is also a great possibility especially seeing as how wrasses hide it very well with their thick slime coat, this is why I prophylactically treat with copper.

OP
OP
L

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use the standard amount of cupramine Cu of 1.5-2. ppm. For how many days or weeks?
Larry

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chelated copper like Copper Safe is maintained between 1.5-2.0.

Cupramine is maintained between .25 and .5

Therapeutic copper levels should be maintained for 30 days.

You also need the appropriate test kit for each. API for Coppersafe . Salifert for cupramine

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chelated copper like Copper Safe is maintained between 1.5-2.0.

Cupramine is maintained between .25 and .5

Therapeutic copper levels should be maintained for 30 days.

You also need the appropriate test kit for each. API for Coppersafe . Salifert for cupramine

OP
OP
L

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on yellow wrasse in quarantine tank. Fish was flashing after Prazi-pro treatment. I am hesitant on using copper treatments decided to try the Polylab Medic product. From reviews most people suggest using it at a strength of 3 x minimum dosage which worked out to be approximately .005 cc per 10 gallons. Fish on 2nd day of treatment stopped flashing, at no time did it lose its appetite ( eats like a pig frozen mysis, flake, LRS). I will continue to use this product for 30 days. If after 30 days (20 to go) and I see no flashing I will add him to my display tank.
Larry

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back