Flatworm 🆔 and solutions

Lin0826

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_E59BD450-E679-4480-866E-5A21BB03A9AF.jpeg
IMG_5870.jpeg
can someone help identify what kind of flatworm are those? They are staying on flesh of torch and causing it to shrink. Flatworm exit does not work, I put 4 drop in this cup and nothing happened.
 
Maybe some type of Acoel Flatworm? Reef builders talked about a new type of flatworm they hadnt seen a few years ago, would go along with their story if found on Euphyllia

https://reefbuilders.com/2020/08/03/watch-out-for-a-new-more-damaging-euphyllia-flatworm/
Thank you. This actually might be the same as what I have right now, coral RX does kill them, I dipped all corals few month ago and just found them came back yesterday. I guess I just have to do it every week to get rid of them…
 
Also yes I forgot to mention only 1 dip will not do if they have laid eggs.. You would have to do weekly dips, and best case set up a quarantine system to isolate the affected corals?
 
You can also use flatwormexit which is reef safe.

Just don’t do it on a tank that is filled with flatworms as the die off can crash a tank.

Also one or two flatworms is natural in a tank and is harmless imo
 
Try Wormageddon dip for flatworms, new product but works like a charm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new