Flatworm-eating Fish for a 90g

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biokabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biokabe

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,621
Location
Tacoma, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more asking for prevention than emergency, but: what are some good fish for flatworm control in a 90g tank?

I had a melanurus wrasse that helped me conquer a flatworm problem 5-6 years ago, and he kept the tank clean of them ever since. He just died this last week, and I'd like to get a replacement flatworm-eater as insurance against any future incursions. I'd rather not repeat a Halichores wrasse - I'd like to be able to keep shrimp and crabs in the future. And to be clear: I do not currently have a flatworm problem. But I'd like to keep it that way. =)

Current inhabitants are a one-spot foxface, a Talbott's damsel, two dragonface pipefish, and a blue mandarin.
 
I had good luck with Springeri Damsels in my 75 when I found some red Planaria.
 
Springeri Dottybacks are supposed to be just as good and just as docile.
 
there are docile dottybacks?
Springeri have been reported to be docile. I have no experience with them personally.

Springeri Damsels are docile. I've had multiple as have several other users here on Reef2Reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new