Flatworm ID

scobeyra

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
206
Reaction score
158
Location
los angeles, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
I've had a duncan colony from a friend that tore down a tank for at least 6 months, and I always noticed it had weird pink splotches on it. It wasn't until I saw one yesterday on the glass that I noticed they were flatworms. They look pinkish in color.
Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 4.07.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 4.08.01 PM.png
They seem to be staying put for the most part on the duncan, and it shows no signs of stress. Anyone able to ID the type?
 
Yeah I can't tell which type it is off this guide. Hoping it's a ghost but it has more color than the pics.
 
Don't want to rock the boat with my current stock. Already have a tricolor wrasse and an aggressive dottyback. I'm guessing since I've had them for months with no adverse side effects that they aren't harmful, but just trying to verify
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new