Flatworm Stop KZ

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So anyone using this stuff? I do not have flatworms but thought about using it incase it ever happens.
Just thought it might be snake oil. Anyone using it with AEFW?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have talked to a few people that have had good luck with it, flatworms damage was reduced a lot and the numbers were not as large. I would say along with basting once or twice a week and flatwormstop stop, it will be much easier to keep corals healthy. They all said it's not snake oil but isn't a treatment. Methods to keep them in check will still be needed to keep aefw from growing in numbers quickly.
I would like to hear anyone else's experience too.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wouldn't use it in the tank....
Lost way too much money in a levamisole disaster I had a few weeks back.
Never again!

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it combined with Coral Booster for about 8 months. I also do not have flatworms. I stopped about a month ago to try to save some money and I have noticed a difference. I had to dial back my dosing pump because my corals are not using as much calcium and alk. I am also not getting the same polyp extension on most corals. I am going to begin using it again soon I think.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use it in the tank....
Lost way too much money in a levamisole disaster I had a few weeks back.
Never again!
If you wouldn't use it in the tank where would you use it? :/
Levamisole definitely would not be near any of my first tools for fighting or killing flatworms, but heard a couple people had luck, not sure how long after they were claiming it worked though.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you wouldn't use it in the tank where would you use it? :/
Levamisole definitely would not be near any of my first tools for fighting or killing flatworms, but heard a couple people had luck, not sure how long after they were claiming it worked though.
... dips

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do and like it, some have referred to it as coral crack, I also notice great polyp extension as well.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys use Flatworm stop and coral booster even without flatworms? How much do you dose ? Lees than KZ recommended?

Regards,
Abhishek

I used it without having flatworms. I dosed 2/3 of the recommended amount. Dosing the full amount caused a little of film algae on the glass. It definitely increased coral growth and polyp extension.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it without having flatworms. I dosed 2/3 of the recommended amount. Dosing the full amount caused a little of film algae on the glass. It definitely increased coral growth and polyp extension.

Have you paired it with coral booster ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it combined with Coral Booster for about 8 months. I also do not have flatworms. I stopped about a month ago to try to save some money and I have noticed a difference. I had to dial back my dosing pump because my corals are not using as much calcium and alk. I am also not getting the same polyp extension on most corals. I am going to begin using it again soon I think.

Can you share what difference did it make for your corals?

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing it again. It takes a month or so before I notice a difference. I had an issue with nutrients because I had a spot in my sump I didn't realize had a crazy amount of detritus built up. Things seem to be getting back to normal after correcting that. I mixed them together and dosed it with the lights on right after feeding.

shubunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing it again. It takes a month or so before I notice a difference. I had an issue with nutrients because I had a spot in my sump I didn't realize had a crazy amount of detritus built up. Things seem to be getting back to normal after correcting that. I mixed them together and dosed it with the lights on right after feeding.
I had flatworms. I used both stop and booster. I've been using it for 1 year. No more flat worms.

I also dipped the corals in coral rx once a week for 10 weeks. So that might have been a big part of it.

I still dose stop and booster. I also add acro power

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back