Flatworms, any help is appreciated.

Mui_Gogeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go, flatworms again.

20221018_175851.jpg

So I dipped this thing in revive for 10 minutes yesterday when receiving it.

It still had worms after I put it in the tank. So I'm a little ticked but it's the way she goes cause I can't quarantine.

Anyways, I dipped it in revive again today for 10 minutes. And a bunch more died.

After putting it back in the tank it looked ticked off af. Like it was dying. Still flatworms spewing out of it.

A couple hours later it's looking a little better but clearly visible flatworms (picture above)

What do I do? I feel like the dip is hurting the coral but is still getting rid of the flatworms.

Do I wait a few days before dipping again? Or just dip again tomorrow?

andiserax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Repeat the treatment in a couple of days.
Make sure to dose the required amount of revive.
When dip, shake the coral into water every 2-3 minutes.
Tank water parameters?
How other LPS look like? Do they need revive treatment?
Cheers

OP
OP
M

Mui_Gogeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Repeat the treatment in a couple of days.
Make sure to dose the required amount of revive.
When dip, shake the coral into water every 2-3 minutes.
Tank water parameters?
How other LPS look like? Do they need revive treatment?
Cheers
It's my only coral atm, I did shake it around,used a baster, and a toothbrush to scrub the stock/plug.

Water is about 35 nitrates, .08 phosphates I haven't checked the other parameters yet.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's a euphylia I fought those things for months but hard to see the small ones. Ended up going with no euphylia for a year. I only buy them from one lfs that dips them hard.

OP
OP
M

Mui_Gogeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's a euphylia I fought those things for months but hard to see the small ones. Ended up going with no euphylia for a year. I only buy them from one lfs that dips them hard.
dangit, it's my only one so I'm just going to dip it every couple days till they are gone I suppose.

No one can seem to find solid cures for these things. I had brown flatworms for ever, tries doing 20x the recommended flatworm exit dose. While it did kill some there were some clearly not bothered by it.

I only got rid of them (and my pods) by accidentally dosing a whole bottle of vibrant in my 25g. Lol....

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I had a few then and they found there way to the others somehow. I would dip it hard even if it dies since you only have 1 coral. Make sure you are 1 billion % sure you eradicated them before adding more. I would pitch it in the trash since it's only 1 and go euphylia fallow for a few months just to be clear of them for sure. Good luck

CmMagenta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I fought flatworms for over a year and eventually won that war after loosing many battles. I spent a week pulling out everything, rinsing it in fresh water (which kills flatworms in seconds) then adding that coral or rock to the new setup.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back