Flatworms

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I have seen a few flatworms on a mushroom rock in my tank for a few months now. They seem to stay on that rock and never cause any problem. I have noticed lately that there is one or two on a ricordea. What will they do eventually and what should I do about them if anything? They have not hurt anything. They seem to only like flat surfaces like shrooms! Thanks!!!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got some of the same ones. they just cover over corals and don't actually eat them

they seem to like mushrooms, monti's and caulestra, as well as cyphastrea

they are easy to blow off if you take the coral out of the tank and shake it in a bucket of water.

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Yes, I just read a site that says best left alone or just siphon them off. They really do not cause any problem but look wierd. Thanks!!

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworms remind me of the ghosts in pacman. They don't really harm anything but once they die they can release powerful toxins that will harm your corals. Best to siphon them out early as they multiply fast.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen an infestation of fw kill corals, not by directly killing them but they just overcrowded the coral and pretty much irratated/suffocated it to death
but this was an extreme case of fw's

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back