Fleece filter roller help

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to replace the socks with a clarisea roller on my new Red Sea tank that I'm soon setting up but I heard that installing and plumbing it is hard.
how do I plumb the roller inlet onto the downflow. I dont think it’s possible to do that cuz of all the glass baffles and the sock chamber in the way. Maybe I could place the roller where the sock is but with all the glass and plastic I don't think that’s possible though.
Is that the ONLY option to install a roller?
I’ve heard of the Klir that you can slide onto the sock holders but apparently BRS says that Redsea sock holders are 3.5in not standard 4in so I guess that won’t work either…

Another idea would be to run the roller standalone in sump (probably in the optional refugium area of the sump)? Free of the downflow and to propel water into the roller using a separate return pump attached onto the inlet (instead of pipe) ? I dunno.. Like a syncra silent?
Would that work? I just thought of it…
If that option DOES work then i gotta find the smallest roller possible that’ll fit in the *optional fuge area* cuz that area isn’t really big..
(also what’s the best filter roller)

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Clarisea 3000 in a Red Sea sump. The Clarisea is in the front section with the skimmer. The drainpipe with the diaphragm has been plumbed forwards and down to the Clarisea intake. I have the Clarisea up on an inch high block so it doesn’t sit too low.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back