Fleece Roll Compatibility & Filter Sock Holes

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm planning out a new Waterbox build and am curious to see if there is any way to get a filter roll (Not the Klir roller) in a Waterbox sump within the filter sock area.

Can the filter sock black holes be removed? I'm hoping to install a Clarisea filter roll to accomodate higher flow than the Theiling roller mats allow (500 GPH).

Thank you!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 230.6 PP and i am going to do the same thing. Klir keeps saying they are building a 7 inch one. But i think it might be easier to razor blade out the black circle and use that new Clarisea one. Keep me posted and Ill let you know how mine goes. My socks keep blocking flow on the same day i put them in and make the whole system go haywire bc the ATO thinks more water is needed when its not. And i only have rock and sand curing. No fish yet, but i do have a fuge and skimmer going strong.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm planning out a new Waterbox build and am curious to see if there is any way to get a filter roll (Not the Klir roller) in a Waterbox sump within the filter sock area.

Can the filter sock black holes be removed? I'm hoping to install a Clarisea filter roll to accomodate higher flow than the Theiling roller mats allow (500 GPH).

Thank you!
ACtually i see this was posted back in Nov what did you ever do?

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy coolant filter cut to my specs from a seller on eBay, much cheaper than buying the theiling or clarisea rolls.

OP
OP
mfollen

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses! I won't be setting up my display till March!

OP
OP
mfollen

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try to remove the filter sock tops on waterbox sumps? @tdlawdo did you try?

Considering cutting it out this weekend or accept the need to use filter socks :(

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try to remove the filter sock tops on waterbox sumps? @tdlawdo did you try?

Considering cutting it out this weekend or accept the need to use filter socks :(
I removed the filter sock assembly on my Red Sea tank, pretty sure it’s gonna be similar, just use a razor blade.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back