Fleece Rollermats

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been using Theiling Rollermat on my tank for awhile. I have found that the motor to rotate the filling side of the fleece can't rotate once it is about 3/4 full. I have since learned that the motor I was using and the one that is now shipping with the standard unit is different. I ordered what is the supposed to be the right motor.

These motors are cheap chinese motors...and hoping the slower rpm motor will work...we will see.

In the meantime, I have been doing my research on other options and looked at the ClariSea, Bubble Magnus, Klir and finally Deltec. I cannot put the rollermat in to my sump...I don't have a place for it. I have to use a small external tank and put the rollermat in it...similar to the Theiling Rollermat idea.

Here is the Deltec I have my eye on. It is expensive...but seems to be the best design, easiest to set up and will get the job done. Thoughts anyone?
https://deltecdirectusa.com/product-category/fleece-filters/

Last edited:

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks..I saw that one. Getting parts in the USA will likely be a challenge though...there aren't any importers I could find.
Definitely true, I bought mine used from a USA hobbyist. I think that the advantages are worth the price premium for order more rolls. Especially considering how much larger the rolls are compared to the other brands.

OP
OP
S

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update. I got the new 1.4-1.8 motor today and installed it. It did nothing. I am getting rid of this Theiling piece of junk and getting the Deltec.

I contacted Steve at Preconfilter and he is happy to make the rolls we need for the Deltec.

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks..I saw that one. Getting parts in the USA will likely be a challenge though...there aren't any importers I could find.

Thank you for the support! We are the US Deltec distributor. So any replacement parts that you may need you can contact [email protected] and we will get them to you straight away!

Deltec USA
(954)-596-2800
www.deltecdirectusa.com

spacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Precon website has google warning its trying to hack me and advises me to go back lol
:(

Deltec looks sweet!
He just doesn't have the SSL / certificate set up on his server. Too cheap, lazy or just started his site and doesn't feel like spending $300 for a cert to have it look legit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back