Flex seal tape

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I noticed that my skimmer has a hole in it and was releasing micro bubbles in my tank. Can I use flex seal tape to fix it?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but you can certainly make a boat instead :p
Really tho, I don’t see why not if its in the sump... on the off chance it could be some kind of toxic deal with the adhesive, perhaps a smear of clear 2part epoxy would fix it

OP
OP
Dorinda

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but you can certainly make a boat instead :p
Really tho, I don’t see why not if its in the sump... on the off chance it could be some kind of toxic deal with the adhesive, perhaps a smear of clear 2part epoxy would fix it
Thanks. I kind of thought it might be a good thing to keep in hand in case of an emergency. My curve 5 skimmer has a separate hole in it that is suppose to have a plug in it. I just noticed it after 2 weeks and I'm not sure if it was in the box or if it's a missing part. Im going to try and contact them to see about getting the plug. But was wanting a way to plug it till it gets here.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super glue is what I would try first. Just cuz that's what we use on frags. Don't know what's on the tape. Best of luck to ya

OP
OP
Dorinda

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super glue is what I would try first. Just cuz that's what we use on frags. Don't know what's on the tape. Best of luck to ya
The hole is suppose to have a red plug in it. Kind of big for a super glue fix.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before a permanent seal, I would look into why the plug is there

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I kind of thought it might be a good thing to keep in hand in case of an emergency. My curve 5 skimmer has a separate hole in it that is suppose to have a plug in it. I just noticed it after 2 weeks and I'm not sure if it was in the box or if it's a missing part. Im going to try and contact them to see about getting the plug. But was wanting a way to plug it till it gets here.

If the hole is in the collection cup, it is probably for a hose attachment so that as skim mate collects, it flows in to the hose and then a collection bucket.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back