Float valve!

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So I want to order a float valve because last time I got to the rodi JUST in time before it started over flowing. The float valve is $12 which is great. However BRS charged 10.75 to ship it. I'm so used to Amazon prime and free 2 day shipping. This seems crazy to pay twice the cost of the product. And their $175 free shipping limit is way too high. Most places are $49 or $50. I would be more likely to add goodies to my cart to get to $50 but $175 is just crazy.

Anyone have a solution as to another way I can get this? Thanks!!!

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah call a pet store, also you can try hydroponic stores. Connecticut home grown up near me also sells float valves for $12. you should try going local before ordering things online.just my opinion. you could also utilize our private area and ask some stores yourself right here online.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryan47

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree Chris. As others in this area can attest the nearest lfs is 45 minutes. Except for Petco and Petsmart. Would a plumbing supply have it or is it an rodi reefer type prouduct? I always buy local. There would probably be more LFS if people did buy local. We had fin and feather but sadly that's gone too :( I imagine this happens to a lot of businesses and hobbies. I wish we could figure out a way to prevent this from happening.

HtfdWhaler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree with Cris, i rather pick up locally for the simple fact that I hate waiting for shipping. LFS only had the eshopps one for $40 so I passed. Check ebay, I just ordered 2 float valves for 14 bucks and free shipping.

OP
OP
Bryan47

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them. I was just worried about quality. Especially for something that if it fails could be very very costly

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the Eshopps float valves and they are worth the $30+ dollars. Very well made and customizable. I believe Aqua Dream in Agawam Mass is the only LFS I have seen them for sale at.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you live groton? 105 Franklin Street, Westerly, RI 02891
(401) 596-0904
Grow RI

there's also one in Old Saybrook

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back