Floor Protection Suggestions

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiance and I purchased an IM Nuvo Ext 50g with the aluminum stand. I have been out of the reefing hobby for a decade and always had carpet floors and was never concerned about protecting them. We will be placing the tank on our hardwood floors in this scenario. Should we be concerned about the weight of the tank damaging the wood? Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations for what to put between the floor and stand? My first thought was the foam floor tiles from a local hardware shop, but am unsure if there is a better option or if anything is needed at all. Thank you in advance for the advice!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiance and I purchased an IM Nuvo Ext 50g with the aluminum stand. I have been out of the reefing hobby for a decade and always had carpet floors and was never concerned about protecting them. We will be placing the tank on our hardwood floors in this scenario. Should we be concerned about the weight of the tank damaging the wood? Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations for what to put between the floor and stand? My first thought was the foam floor tiles from a local hardware shop, but am unsure if there is a better option or if anything is needed at all. Thank you in advance for the advice!
If your stand comes with leveling feet just throw some of those couch sliders on them first. You could also just use piece of felt on the feet as well.

OP
OP
S

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your stand comes with leveling feet just throw some of those couch sliders on them first. You could also just use piece of felt on the feet as well.

The stand corners are slightly longer then the rest of the base and appear to come with some sort rubber part on them and I am unsure if that js enough to protect the floor.

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back