Floor Reinforcement Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Khead11
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Khead11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Location
Anchorage
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! New here. Diving into the hobby head first as this will be my first saltwater tank. I wanted to get an opinion on the reinforcement I just did for installing my new Nyos Opus G2 440. It’ll be about 120 gallons total including the sump. What you see in the attached photos are 4 floor jacks each rated for 14,000lbs. The first two jacks are supporting 2 laminated 5 foot 2x12’s while the second 2 individual supports (limited on space due to the venting) are each a laminated 20 inch 2x12 block laid flat for a bit more surface area support. All 4 jacks sit leveled on concrete piers and each engineered floor truss as a squash block fit between the support. I know we aren’t structural engineers here but looking to see what people think. Is she good to go? The last photo is above ground where I plan on placing the tank.

Appreciate the feedback!

IMG_8102.jpeg IMG_8103.jpeg IMG_8101.jpeg IMG_8028.jpeg
 
Those laminated joists are strong.

I have my 170 plus 70 gallon sump across mine sitting perpendicular and have had no issues for the past 3 years.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new