Florida, Georgia, South Carolina Mathew2016 and now Irma 2017 Check in

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even better news! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden a power truck showed up at the house to fix that one line while I was off getting the generator. So I've got power now, everything is running again. Fish are doing really good except my yellow assessor who has poofed. Corals and anemones are still super stressed but they are slowly coming around. I think I might lose the blasto and brittle star though.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even better news! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden a power truck showed up at the house to fix that one line while I was off getting the generator. So I've got power now, everything is running again. Fish are doing really good except my yellow assessor who has poofed. Corals and anemones are still super stressed but they are slowly coming around. I think I might lose the blasto and brittle star though.
Glad you got power back! Good luck stabilizing things!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome news

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Finally ", Back to where we began ! Just got power & cable back. We got blasted pretty good here in my neighborhood . Lot of old live oak trees on Folks roofs some have holes. I lost half of my back porch roof. Replacing will be no problem . The tanks survived just fine.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Finally ", Back to where we began ! Just got power & cable back. We got blasted pretty good here in my neighborhood . Lot of old live oak trees on Folks roofs some have holes. I lost half of my back porch roof. Replacing will be no problem . The tanks survived just fine.
Good news:) woohoo. It is always a good feeling when the power gets switched on after being off. Enjoy the A/C it been a hot couple of days :)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be in your area working Saturday.

Last edited:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these pics are 2 houses down from my Mom's . poor people got flooded big time ! HPIM8720.JPG HPIM8723.JPG

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I spoke too soon, as my corals declined drastically yesterday while I was at work. I have lost an orange/blue ricordea, blue discosoma, a duke nukem shroom, and a golden eye chalice all from @WWC, my beautiful 4 head gold hammer I got during RAP, and my acan colony that I have had for a year. Now it looks like I might lose my other hammer and trumpet coral that I brought back from the dead, and I've got two other shrooms and a zoa colony that have not opened up. And both of my big leathers are slumped over with weird pale patches on them. :(

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I spoke too soon, as my corals declined drastically yesterday while I was at work. I have lost an orange/blue ricordea, blue discosoma, a duke nukem shroom, and a golden eye chalice all from @WWC, my beautiful 4 head gold hammer I got during RAP, and my acan colony that I have had for a year. Now it looks like I might lose my other hammer and trumpet coral that I brought back from the dead, and I've got two other shrooms and a zoa colony that have not opened up. And both of my big leathers are slumped over with weird pale patches on them. :(
I'm sorry to hear this :(

Have you done any water changes since the power came back on? If not, you should do a couple back to back. Stir up some sand bed and blow out the rocks right before doing so. Make sure you're running your skimmer wet and lower your lighting to acclimation mode. Target feed some reef chili or something similar as well.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting some more water ready now, but I've only got about 7g that I can change before work. I've been trying to feed them little bits to get them back in shape but I don't have any particulate type food, only mysis and brine, that I had to run around to every store to try and find.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost one of my AI Sol Blue leds over the 180 and an sb reeflight over the 45g upon power return. I tried everything to get them running but no luck. I know for a fact that it was because of the power surge with the return of power because previously I had them plugged in to my husband's generator for a short while and they were fine. Same thing went for my coffee pot and a few other odds and ends around here. My suggestion is if you don't have power yet go around and unplug everything that you can. I didn't even think about that. I do have Appliance and electronics insurance on my electric bill but I have yet to be able to find my paperwork on it.

My power came back on a couple of days ago and my cable is been slowly coming back. The biggest issue I've had is the cable because they changed something with the WiFi and I can't get my Wi-Fi going. So everything that I could directly plug into the box is all that is working. *I miss my old style modem and linksys WiFi :( Ever since they changed over it's been nothing but problems.

2/3 of Citrus Co has power back now and about 50% have cable. Our biggest issue inland Citrus was trees falling on powerlines. Nearly all the county lost power at 8:06pm the night of the storm except SECO customers. I found that to be strange.... and wonder if the power company shut it down on purpose. The winds were just arriving at that time but nothing serious yet.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting some more water ready now, but I've only got about 7g that I can change before work. I've been trying to feed them little bits to get them back in shape but I don't have any particulate type food, only mysis and brine, that I had to run around to every store to try and find.
Some water changes are better than no water change ;) I'm having trouble finding mysis myself. Mine was all in my freezer door and because of that it thawed out. Even though my freezer did not thaw what was in my door did. That's because everybody was constantly in there getting ice for their drinks. The only one of my critters that really, really matters as far as mysis is concerned is my seahorse. It's all he eats and he has to eat a few times per day. I've yet to find any locally as well. Call around to your Local lfs' and see if they have any Reef chili or Reef roids available.

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where are you located? I have some reef roids but wont be home till Monday. If you're close and still need them you can have them.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? I have some reef roids but wont be home till Monday. If you're close and still need them you can have them.

I'm in GA, thank you for the offer I appreciate it. I actually remembered a little bit ago that I still have a sample bag of reef chili, that should help until I can get some more. I just got to remember where I put it. I've got some more water going so hopefully I can do another wc tomorrow or the day after. Hard thing is that I just went into mandatory overtime at my job so I won't have any days off for the next 2 maybe 3 weeks. And I found my brittle star disintegrating under a rock this morning :(.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back