Floundering Fairy Wrasse

Joe2539

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a longfin ruby fairy wrasse a couple of weeks ago and did not realize that my small sixline would turn into a bully. I would see him chase him to an upper corner of my tank and relegate him there and other times just swim right by him. After about a week I had enough bc i didn't want to lose the fairy wrasse so i had a heck of time catching him but finally caught the six line 3 nights ago and got rid of him to my LFS the next morning. After being gone the ruby fairy wrasse has definitely become more comfortable but this morning, i noticed him struggling to swim, at one point on the sand. I turned off my protein skimmer, one source of current in my 32 gallon tank and he is now swimmimg again but is still struggling a bit when near either of my 2 powerheads. Do you all think the wrasse is definitely going to die or could it recover? Is there anything i can do? Thanks.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a longfin ruby fairy wrasse a couple of weeks ago and did not realize that my small sixline would turn into a bully. I would see him chase him to an upper corner of my tank and relegate him there and other times just swim right by him. After about a week I had enough bc i didn't want to lose the fairy wrasse so i had a heck of time catching him but finally caught the six line 3 nights ago and got rid of him to my LFS the next morning. After being gone the ruby fairy wrasse has definitely become more comfortable but this morning, i noticed him struggling to swim, at one point on the sand. I turned off my protein skimmer, one source of current in my 32 gallon tank and he is now swimmimg again but is still struggling a bit when near either of my 2 powerheads. Do you all think the wrasse is definitely going to die or could it recover? Is there anything i can do? Thanks.
I think it could recover, to me that’s him with too much current. I would try take out one of the power heads and see if that works.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back