Flow and fish question

  • Thread starter Thread starter z1107
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

z1107

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
Blue Ridge, Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 37 had a lone maxijet 400 circulation pump rated at 500gph, but it wasn't really keeping stuff in the column so I had a maxijet 600 laying around rated at 700gph and added that. They are keeping everything moving and my clowns and puffer seem to love it. But when I came home today my banghai was dead on the pump. Are there low flow reef fish? I understand some come from deeper waters less flow but I thought my fish are shallow fish and could handle it. Right now sitting at app. 34x flow.
 
The bangaii should have been able to handle the flow.
 
Healthy fish do not get sucked into powerheads.
 
An MJ 600 shouldn't have been too much in a 37 gallon IMO. I've ran one in a 20L with no issue.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new