Flow (gph)

I've read that 40x is the optimum gph for SPS. For LPS it would depend on what you're trying to keep. Chalices would be better in low flow and Hammers in medium.
 
I've read that 40x is the optimum gph for SPS. For LPS it would depend on what you're trying to keep. Chalices would be better in low flow and Hammers in medium.

+1. It's a bit of an outdated rule, but it's a decent rule to follow especially if you don't know exactly what you want to keep. I'd go 40x+ for SPS and 30-40x with a few weak spots for LPS if you don't know what you want to keep yet.
If you know what you want to keep, it will make things a lot easier.
 
Hey fish master!!!! Did you make the new tank thread !!!!???? Be sure to make it and post lots if pics buddy. Good luck ,,, hope to see you on Monday for the overhaul!!!!
 
The tank build is under 72 gallon build. I hope to see you monday but its not up to me lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new