Flow in a peninsula tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianneG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrianneG

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2024
Messages
625
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Moreno Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for some ideas on a flow addition to my tank. I have a 115 display peninsula style tank with a maxspect gyre 330 cloud pushing vertical just beside my return flow and another maxspect 330 cloud gyre on the opposite side of the tank horizontal just under water level. I run both gyres with alternating flows and different percentages.

My problem though is i still have some areas lower where i have detritus build up. I am thinking i need to invest in a couple more or at least one more powerhead.

What are your thoughts? Ideas for types of powerheads to get?
Gyres are not in the tagged pic as i currently have them out of cleaning.
016147e3-64e0-4f09-b044-aff90fa3fdfb.jpg
 
Tunze 6105 hub edition. The magnets can go in the overflow box and the flow you can create with the new hub edition is awesome! Plus, it's Tunze, 5 year warranty, built to last, etc.
 
I will check them out
 
I know there are many others that have ideas out there. please share them with me!!
 
How long is your tank? Mine is IM 200 EXT peninsular, 6 ft. I use 2x Tunze 6255 and 2x 6105. Overkill for sure lol.
5ft. Tank dimensions are 60x18x24
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new