Flow in tank

Brandon7878

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2017
Messages
130
Reaction score
50
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a power head today. A little concerned that it is way to much flow for my tank. It's a 10 gallon and I got a koralia 425. My lfs said it would be fine but it's giving my softys a lot of flow and my clowns look like they are having a rough time.
74baab4250867a8a5f04700cfcc7186b.jpg
 
Yep, a little too much. The 240 would have been better.

FCB3B05A-825A-4C8B-8326-FCB829428EAF.png
 
Return it and get the 240 pea shooter.
 
I returned it and got the 240 instead. I took a video to see what you all thought but it won't let me post it.
 
What do you think?
I think it's still too much power. But this is my first time with flow. I think I put it in a good spot. My pulsating Zenya are at the opposite side of the tank and they seem to be liking it. The same with my torch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new