Flow in ur SPS reef???

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
83
Location
san antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a new question lets discuss a high flow sps reef... How much movement u hve vs size of ur reef??
I am setting a 240 gln reef 72x30x25
And will hve lrg wave box with 2x tunze 6305....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
I have a 29g biocube with an mp10 at about 80% (1200gph...ish) reef crest mode with a 300gph return pump.
 
I have 60 times turnover on my 60 cube at my store. MP10w Vortechs and a MAG pump for return.
 
mp60, 2000 gph return pump, tunze 6105 and wavebox currently. going to add a new tunze pump (replacement for 6205) when things grow in
 
It's worth reminding that while size of flow is nice, it's what you do with it that counts.

I'm running three, should be four unless I frag soon but I know I won't, Tunze 6045's in tank. About 300+ gph from the sump.

About 4000 gph / 50 gallons is about 80 times turnover....but applied with a fair amount of placement precision due to the tank being cramped as heck, and as mentioned already, a need for more. As a new setup a single 6045 should be plenty, with two (for alternating work) being ideal.

-Matt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new