Flow Questions (180G FOWLR setup)

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2018
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
743
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if I can eliminate the large, ugly wave maker we have and just use our two slim ones. The controller for the big one is on the fritz as it is and randomly changes mode, buttons sometimes don't respond, etc. Our tank is basically a FOWLR (we do have one Duncan and we may add another beginner, hardy coral down the road, but that's a maybe). Right now we have the large wave maker on the left side of the tank, running on a pulse mode (flow strength = 1, freq = 75). On the right side we have 2 of the Coral Box RN-1 wave makers again in pulse mode (flow strength = 5, freq = 75). We don't seem to have any issues with dead spots or anything so this is just mainly, can I eliminate the big one instead of spending money on a new controller. I've never had a very good understanding of how to get proper flow in a tank, it was more a happy accident that this set up has seemingly worked great so far.

Then again maybe I have the flow completely screwed up in this thing and need to be educated on how to set it up properly lol.
Oh and I'm still 100% on what Frequency is for these dang wave makers haha. I greatly appreciate any tips and advice (and so does my wife if it means I'm not fidgeting with thank haha).
#reefsquad
full tank shot_032420.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new