Flow suggestions?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
8,522
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am noticing detritus build up on my sand. I have nassarius snails and plenty other snails and crabs on my clean up crew. I suspect my flow pattern could use some improvement. My AI Nero 3 is set to 1100 GPH for my 25 gallon AIO. The reason I have it positioned in the middle was because it was creating a bare spot at the bottom of the tank and pushing the sand around the corner. I’m open to suggestions on where to move it, face it, turn it, etc. Also, I can turn it up too.

My phos is usually between 0.05 and 0.1. My nitrates are usually under 5. Tank is around 3 months old now.

A2A6EC27-8D4D-477C-99C7-B822656310A4.jpeg

583FEB8B-00E7-4CF0-B7C5-107EE2529CE7.jpeg
 
Ya its some cyano on the sand , from lack of flow. Can you vac it out for a week or 2?
 
I have a gravel vac. I’ll clean it out and see if anything builds up again
Hey my friend, It’s not really about gravel vacuuming once to see if it builds up again. It will build up again. The overhead shot of your tank tells me you could/should be gravel vacuuming at least once a month during water changes. You and your tank will love the outcome. You’ll get detritus out and the fresh look of newly turned over sand will look spectacular. That’s my experience. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new