@mta_morrow Sharp as a puppy's tooth

fc955c0a3883085d2d9cd14529baac44.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good are you making an electrical cabinet separate from the main cabinet or installing the boards inside. This is my next project as well and I think I’m going with an external cabinet to reduce moisture on the electronics since I’m the sump can cause some issues down the road

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb Question, @Ibacha - yes, I will be making a custom panel just for all of my power bricks, and all of my Apex gear which will all be installed on this panel, like below.
I am currently working with a few different Sump Manufactures to see if one them can build me something just like this, but I would want my panel to be the following size - 24''(W) X 30(H).
A course, it will look a little different b/c of the dual new Apex 832 power bars that I will be running.

49895962_945231482340810_3894957372312911872_n.png

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb Question, @Ibacha - yes, I will be making a custom panel just for all of my power bricks, and all of my Apex gear which will all be installed on this panel, like below.
I am currently working with a few different Sump Manufactures to see if one them can build me something just like this, but I would want my panel to be the following size - 24''(W) X 30(H).
A course, it will look a little different b/c of the dual new Apex 832 power bars that I will be running.

49895962_945231482340810_3894957372312911872_n.png

The picture isn’t showing, I’m interested in seeing how you are doing it as I’m in the planning stages right now. My electronics are all sitting on a table next to my tank and I need to get them cleaned up

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always buy your self a tight little cabinet and set it next to your display~

upload_2019-1-8_22-9-21.png

Yeah I was originally going to do that but I built this stand so now I want to build a cabinet to match

7c3f531488af034a5ab51d166420e69d.jpg

I’m thinking of a double hinged design where the front opens to one side and then the inner panel with my controllers opens up the opposite direction to reveal all my power bricks

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of a double-hinged design where the front opens to one side and then the inner panel with my controllers opens up the opposite direction to reveal all my power bricks[/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------

Care to share on what's under your tank? Here are a few pictures of how I hard plumbed my old 120 mixed reef and a picture of well my tank was thriving which was tough b/c nothing had died in over 3 years but need to make room for my SCA Rimless tank and a new system that I AM in the process of building.

MY PLUMBING WITH ALL SCH 80 Fittings.
Installed sump & pump, skimmer.jpg

OLD 120 MIXED REEF
120 pix.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was originally going to do that but I built this stand so now I want to build a cabinet to match

7c3f531488af034a5ab51d166420e69d.jpg

I’m thinking of a double hinged design where the front opens to one side and then the inner panel with my controllers opens up the opposite direction to reveal all my power bricks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I found a sump MFG that's will to work with me and going to custom make me a control panel like you see below! Well, I talked to there CEO BEN and we are working together currently now.
I most likely will buy a small little cabinet and have the sump MFG built the panel since he has a CA machine and can make the proper cuts on the Acrylic panel as you see below:
This company can build you pretty much anything you want out of Acrylic. Their sumps are off the charts and the dosing containers that they make are unreal and superb quality craftsmanship is outstanding. I added a link below in case someone wants to

Example of a Panel they made for a customer:
49937625_2158317734219137_6958192927596085248_n.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of a double-hinged design where the front opens to one side and then the inner panel with my controllers opens up the opposite direction to reveal all my power bricks

Care to share on what's under your tank? Here are a few pictures of how I hard plumbed my old 120 mixed reef and a picture of well my tank was thriving which was tough b/c nothing had died in over 3 years but need to make room for my SCA Rimless tank and a new system that I AM in the process of building.

OLD 120 MIXED REEF
120 pix.JPG
[/QUOTE]

The whole setup
d3df12edaa9941450e9a8c36478d49ae.jpg

Cheato fuge
3e3463eae903569490c26e1cfcd75d32.jpg

Trigger 20c (it’s actually a ruby but was made in blue acrylic)
51d7ce5ae990f142cdfa1f5d43f87123.jpg

Close up of my softy fuge
5a860d899e369cd0b4e0285615487511.jpg

My manifold for running everything
25e87286eda2d9dca26eb818288228bb.jpg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OLD 120 MIXED REEF
120 pix.JPG
------------------------------------
The whole setup

Cheato fuge

[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice! Do you have the Apex EL @lbacha? How do you like your Trigger sump and running it the #Triton Method ?? I was going to go that route but decided to go a different route and run filter sock cups with one of the new L-2 REV 4 Turbo Algae Scrubbers.The sump MFG Synergy WILL be making some Slight modifications on my Synergy CL-44 sump that's currently in production. Ones I get my sump which should be in about 2-4 wks I wil be ordering one of the Turbo Scrubbers from Bud!

For people who don't know anything about Algae scrubbers, they work unbelievable, so make sure you read this link by Bud Carlson blog, the CEO of #TurboAquatics.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/introducing-the-new-turbo-algae-scrubber-rev-4.212728/

Last edited:

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
------------------------------------
The whole setup

Cheato fuge

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice! Do you have the Apex EL @lbacha? How do you like your Trigger sump and running it the #Triton Method ?? I was going to go that route but decided to go a different route and run filter sock cups with one of the new L-2 REV 4 Turbo Algae Scrubbers.The sump MFG Synergy WILL be making some Slight modifications on my Synergy CL-44 sump that's currently in production. Ones I get my sump which should be in about 2-4 wks I wil be ordering one of the Turbo Scrubbers from Bud!

For people who don't know anything about Algae scrubbers, they work unbelievable, so make sure you read this link by Bud Carlson blog, the CEO of #TurboAquatics.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/introducing-the-new-turbo-algae-scrubber-rev-4.212728/

[/QUOTE]

I have an apex 2016 running it all, I really like the trigger sump, it sat out in the open in my living room for a year so it needed to look good to the wife (she likes blue and I liked the bigger fuge area of the ruby so we compromised). I really didn’t even realize it was set up like the triton method until you just mentioned that. Up until last week when I added the Nuvo 25g lagoon to the system I was running without a skimmer and had the cheato in the skimmer section of the sump. Since I upgraded to about 60 gallons of water I added the skimmer to the skimmer section and needed a place for the algae (I was going to use a reactor but the 15g column added about 12 more gallons to my system so I liked the added volume). I do water changes as the triton tests are a little pricy and I’ve never had an issue with water changes.

Wheeljack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FLSharkvictim loving the build so far! If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to have SCA do the rimless tank? I considered getting a tank from them, but I don't like the braces on their stock tanks.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Wheeljack - I have over 7K into the tank so far which olny includes the stand, canopy, Synergy Overflow box, Synergy CL-44 sump and my pair of EcoTeh Marine MP40QWD and my TUNZE 60'55 Nanostream Powerheads! Plus my new Apex EL controller. I would imagine when I am all said and done around 10K including my mixing station and 6 stage RODI with a Dual Membrane upgrade.

Wheeljack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FLSharkvictim

That's about how much I plan to sink into a RS Reefer 525. The SCA tanks are nice though. Their stock 150g has nearly the same foot print as the 525 and it's not only more water volume, but it doesn't cost much more either. Might have to bite the bullet and just contact them.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Wheeljack - Right on brother!!

** Another new New Update on my build **

Since I will be running one of Bud's L-2 model Turbo Algae scrubbers, i will no longer need to run any GFO in my BRS Dual reactor! Anyhow, I placed a order for one of the new #NYOS #TORG Media Reactor that are getting ready to be released in the next few weeks!
Here is a really good video on how these new #TORG reactors work and how easy it is to remove what every media you will be running and in my case it will be BRS ROX0.8 carbon. No need to run any GFO if I am running a Turbo Algae scrubber.
You can buy these Media reactors come in the 3 different sizes, 0.75 which there smallest version, then the 1.0 and there largest one is the 2.0.
nyos-torq-media-reactor-bodies.jpg

Then you have to buy the pump/motor separate:

nyos-torq-hands-on-1.jpg

Here is a short video on how this little powerhouse works:

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** NEW UPDATE ***

I was about to pull the trigger on a Maxspext Razor r5 300 w light fixture but I might even go a different route now. I am aiming for a more SPS dominate type tank, and I am not sure if the Maxspect is going to get the job done on some the of the deepwater Acro's I want to grow.
I am going to need some help from you all and if any of you have these lights below?

How about the Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) led light fixture that @Bulk Reef Supply sells! Now, I know for a fact you can grow out an sps tank no problem w/ these fixtures.
I wonder if I could get away with a #Master & a #Slave fixture for my 60''x24''x24'' size tank?? I have read a lot of good reviews on the fixtures and the MFG ORPHEK is top notch.

Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) led light fixture
upload_2019-1-10_19-6-8-png.941763

Orphek
GATEWAY2 FOR ATLANTIK V4 (GEN 2) LED FIXTURE

211551-orphek-gateway2-controller-an.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** NEW UPDATE ***

I was about to pull the trigger on a Maxspext Razor r5 300 w light fixture but I might even go a different route now. I am aiming for a more SPS dominate type tank, and I am not sure if the Maxspect is going to get the job done on some the of the deepwater Acro's I want to grow.
I am going to need some help from you all and if any of you have these lights below?

How about the Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) led light fixture that @Bulk Reef Supply sells! Now, I know for a fact you can grow out an sps tank no problem w/ these fixtures.
I wonder if I could get away with a #Master & a #Slave fixture for my 60''x24''x24'' size tank?? I have read a lot of good reviews on the fixtures and the MFG ORPHEK is top notch.

Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) led light fixture
upload_2019-1-10_19-6-8-png.941763

Orphek
GATEWAY2 FOR ATLANTIK V4 (GEN 2) LED FIXTURE

211551-orphek-gateway2-controller-an.jpg

I have the full size Orphek Atlantik and I love it. My tank is a lot smaller so I can’t make any suggestions for your tank but my sps love it and it makes them pop. I would think 2 or 3 compacts on your tank would be amazing

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the full size Orphek Atlantik and I love it. My tank is a lot smaller so I can’t make any suggestions for your tank but my sps love it and it makes them pop. I would think 2 or 3 compacts on your tank would be amazing

CARE TO SHARE A PIX OF HOW YOU HAVE YOUR Orphek mounted?

@lbacha- We need to chat then! I am going to be running two Atlantik V4 Compacts GEN2 for my 5ftx2ftx2ft tank which should be plenty of spread for my system. i WILL be mounted mine like you see below with there mounting brackets instead of floating them.

Orphek-Atlantik-v3-mounting-arm.jpg

Also,i will need to buy there WIFI MOD SEPARATE:
upload_2019-1-11_9-50-30.png

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** New Update **
I have been working on this system for a very long time b/c I wanted to do things the right way since this tank is going to be mainly a SPS Dominate type tank. You have no idea on how hard I had to work to get the gear I have chosen to run my system. Lot of people are telling me to stop changing my mind on which lighting system I will be adding to my tank. I double check the numbers last night and I came up with right over 10 thousand I sit and I haven't even bought my lights yet :( YIKES...
Lot of people in my Network group have no clue on why type of tank I will be running or focusing on! You can't run a full on SPS TANK with the Maxspect Razor 300 watt light fixture and that is a fact! Soft and some lps and a few Acros yes, no problem.

I mean the RAZOR 300w fixture will grow sps but they would have to placed in the correct spot in the tank or they would end up dying from not getting enough light. I want all SPS tank and with that being said and from all off of the LED and fixtures I have reviewed,
I think that the Atlantik V4 Compact Aquarium LED Lighting from @Bulk Reef Supply w/ the mounting LEGS would be my best choice! Also, what I love about Orphek is b/c I sent off a request on some info for these light fixtures and I had an answer the following day!
CoralVue, not the best service in my opinion takes them a few days to get back to you.

Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact (Gen 2)
LED-Aquarium-Lighting-Atlantik-Compact-V4-orphek-1600x1060.jpg

Atlantik-compact-v4-Orphek#1.jpg

Best-LED-Aquarium-lighting-Atlantik-compact-v4-Orphek-1600x1060.jpg

Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact (Gen 2) w/ Mounting arm kit
Orphek-Atlantik-v3-mounting-arm.jpg

If you haven't already, feel free to check out my build thread that's' located in my signature.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** Got a new update ***
My new #NYOS #TORQ media reactor and base has shipped out from https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/ and I should have it on either Saturday or Sunday - YAHOOO.
Anyone on here every tray the NYOS Activated Carbon by chance and what were your thoughts about it?
upload_2019-1-11_11-4-17.png

Here are some pictures of the new #TORQ in the 3 different models they come in: I chose the little one likwe I mentioned earlier in my thread, only since I will be running BRS ROX 0.8 Carbon.

Here is the pump and how gets installed.
upload_2019-1-11_10-53-17.png

upload_2019-1-11_10-52-34.png

upload_2019-1-11_10-53-50.png

upload_2019-1-11_10-55-9.png

upload_2019-1-11_11-3-52.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back