OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I am also looking at a SCA . You know you gotta get some type of Shark even if its ceramic
upload_2019-1-3_6-30-40.png

@siggy many thanks, it's getting there! I am just waiting on my Custom sump from Synergy since I BOUGHT a CL-44 SUMP & a Matching 10 gallon ATO Resivour from them.
How do you like your Banshee Sump, looks pretty dope? Also, how did you like that Max Razor light fixture vs those Kessils?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting is so Personal, The Razors are a great light and I think are underrated, Just too much noise about the Big 3 (Kessil-Radions-AI) I have Some XR15's I want to try but I just really like the Kessils. I also run the AL-Hybrid and think that is really the Best money you can spend without going bonkers on several Leds BTW AL is coming out with a dimmable fixture soon and would fit nicely in that canopy

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead talking about my minimal type scape lets talk about these D&D Slimline single arm bracket arms I hve selected for my Aqua Illumination Hydra HD LED's! They come in 3 different sizes depending how thick your tank is.

upload_2018-12-30_14-36-27.png

Or I may DYI them up in my cabinet since I will be floating it!
will these work on a SCA 120 with the rim? I just bought the tank and the hydra 26 HD's but not sure how to mount them with the tank rims. Than ks

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks. can't get them anyways! BUT! I just ordered from AquaRock--thanks for that, had no idea they existed, looks awesome!

@btltez- Vidarocks and Aquarocks are the best kept secrets in the fish industry! Make sure you post your pcs on what you ordered from him..
All the best!

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
''First, I would like to start with my motto when it comes to this hobby - I ALWAYS use quality products, I believe that 50% increase in coast is definitely worthwhile, even if you only gain another 5% of the product reliability especially if you have a mature tank with years of time and effort invested like many of us do. Keep in mind that your tank is a place where water and electricity come together''

Ok, let's start this thread, with what size and kind of tank I went with for the new build. After going back and forth with a RESEA 725xl or an SCA 150, I decided to go with the SCA tank! They are all made with Starfire glass and their tanks that are 12mm thick and made very solid. I knew from all of my experience that I wanted to try a more SPS Dominate type tank this time around w/ a minimalist type scape! Also, SCA builds a really awesome stand and I will be floating my canopy with all of my AI Hydra HD LEDs from the ceiling... Here is the tank I have chosen:

A pix of my SCA 150 Rimless and custom drilled for a 20'' external overflow box.
upload_2018-12-29_18-30-8.png

My stand tank and canopy which I will be floating from my ceiling.
upload_2018-12-29_18-32-9.png

Going to be floating the canopy and lights:
47183143_1420604268074551_1245789503684083712_o.jpg

My Cabinet
150 stnd.JPG

My Synergy External Overflow box since I wanted to run a bean aminal type system:
upload_2018-12-29_18-33-21.png

Top shot of my Synergy External Overflow box that runs 3 1.5'' drains
upload_2018-12-29_18-34-1.png

MORE TO COME:
** FLSharkvictim / Custom Rimless SCA 150 Build Thread ***
***New Update***

Just what the doctor ordered! Boom my power-heads are in for the SCA 150 build.
I ordered two @EcoTech Marine MP40QWD's and 2 TUNZE Turbelle Nanostream 6055's and some #SKIMZ tubing for AWC's.

thumbnail (1).jpg

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it takes a lot of balls to just start from scratch after 10 years of hard work putting the perfect tank together. Everything was in symbiosis and nothing had died in a year or two. But I do understand the word PASSION which is what my really good friend Matt has a lot of. This new build, (if anything like his last tank) will be simply amazing....it is already a work of art without any fish or coral in it. And if plumbing is your thing , well, he has that covered too..every thing is color matched and color coded. Its a great build story so far .:)

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it takes a lot of balls to just start from scratch after 10 years of hard work putting the perfect tank together. Everything was in symbiosis and nothing had died in a year or two. But I do understand the word PASSION which is what my really good friend Matt has a lot of. This new build, (if anything like his last tank) will be simply amazing....it is already a work of art without any fish or coral in it. And if plumbing is your thing , well, he has that covered too..every thing is color matched and color coded. Its a great build story so far .:)

@curt creelman Many thanks for the kind words, your a big part of this new tank as well..

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** New Update ***

I have thought about this for last month and I have finally made my mind up and what to do with the lighting system for my 5ft TANK! I have 3 Aqua Illuminations Hydra Fixtures! Two Hydra Tenty Sixes and one AI Hydra fifty-Two that's brand new and still in the original packaging from the MFG. Instead of going with three Hydra HD fixtures for my 5ft tank. I have Thought this out for a few months and I will be returning my 1 Hydra HD 52 back to @Bulk Reef Supply since it was never was opened up and still all in the original factory packaging and it's been within the warranty time. It should not be a problem on the return especially as much business I do with Ryans Company! I don't want my money back and I going to exchange the AI Hydra fifty-Two HD, and sell off my 2 AI Hydra Twenty Sixes that are in superb condition if anyone is interested - PM me for PIX?
Anyhow, ones BRS gives me credit, I will have for sale two Aqua Illuminations for sale off eBay, since I was told I could no longer sell any used or brand new gear on @reef2reef.com. Can one of the REEF SQAUD CREW confirm that b.c last REEF2REEF HAD a an entire section where you sell off your old gear but now its no longer there, it would be greatly appreciated?

Here some pictures of the new Lighting system that I have chosen for my SCA Rimless 150 build.

upload_2019-1-5_14-28-0.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-28-56.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-29-21.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-29-45.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-30-12.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-30-32.png

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** New Update ***

I have thought about this for last month and I have finally made my mind up and what to do with the lighting system for my 5ft TANK! I have 3 Aqua Illuminations Hydra Fixtures! Two Hydra Tenty Sixes and one AI Hydra fifty-Two that's brand new and still in the original packaging from the MFG. Instead of going with three Hydra HD fixtures for my 5ft tank. I have Thought this out for a few months and I will be returning my 1 Hydra HD 52 back to @Bulk Reef Supply since it was never was opened up and still all in the original factory packaging and it's been within the warranty time. It should not be a problem on the return especially as much business I do with Ryans Company! I don't want my money back and I going to exchange the AI Hydra fifty-Two HD, and sell off my 2 AI Hydra Twenty Sixes that are in superb condition if anyone is interested - PM me for PIX?
Anyhow, ones BRS gives me credit, I will have for sale two Aqua Illuminations for sale off eBay, since I was told I could no longer sell any used or brand new gear on @reef2reef.com. Can one of the REEF SQAUD CREW confirm that b.c last REEF2REEF HAD a an entire section where you sell off your old gear but now its no longer there, it would be greatly appreciated?

Here some pictures of the new Lighting system that I have chosen for my SCA Rimless 150 build.

upload_2019-1-5_14-28-0.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-28-56.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-29-21.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-29-45.png

upload_2019-1-5_14-30-12.png

You can still sell your old gear in marketplace. You have to look a bit but it’s there

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along and looking forward to seeing everything once it's all set up! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still sell your old gear in marketplace. You have to look a bit but it’s there

@Kayden Hutchings - No worries, I just sold them to a guy in my Facebook Network group. They sold in 10 minutes and I sold the custom sump that I HAD built for old 120 mixed reef tank as well.
Time to place my order with @Bulk Reef Supply for my new Maxspect Razor X 300w LED Lighting Fixture for my 5ft tank.

upload_2019-1-6_12-43-29.png

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** New Update ***

I have been thinking about where I am going to be mounting all of my electronics at! Check it out, I will be building a custom Apex panel that I can mounted all my modules and there 832 bar to. Anyways, I finally found some killer material to make a panel out of and the stuff is called Sintra.. It's basically a PVC Board Plastic that comes in Sheets. I had mine custom cut to the following- 6mm thick and the size will be 24''x48''.
I will also be mounting all of my EcoTech Marine Controllers, Battery backups and other power-bricks. Here is example of what the stuff looks like!! The main application for Sintra is for making signs out of the material.

s-l500.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back