OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha - Picked up my new Auto Top Off kit for my new build!! Instead of going with an Avast ATO set up, I Got the #Apex ATK module so everything will be fully integrated.
I just need one more #Apex module to control my #EcoTechMarine #MP40QWD's, which is there WXM module. Next, I will be adding another MD Panel for all of my EcoTech Marine Controllers, Tunze Controllers, Reef Octo Controller, and a few others!

ATK.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost completed one of my @MarineDepot Panels for all of my Apex gear. I will have on panel 1 for all of my ApexEL gear, 2 FMM modules, 1 WXM module and my Avast Marine breakout box plus, my Amazon Fire Table for a display.
I had to get to FMM mods b/c one will be used as an Auto Top Off kit and my other FMM module is for my 3 - low profile leak detectors that I will be placing around my #Synergy CL-44 sump.

Ones I get my WXM module which will be mounted between the 2 FMM mods. I still have some work to do since I haven't even plugged it in the controller yet. LOL :) Ones I get my #WXM module, then I will be mounting my Amazon Fire Display.
Then this panel will be completed and off to the next! For the 2nd MD Panel which will have all of my pump controllers and my Reef Link, EcotechMarine Battery backups.
I am still debating where I WANT to install my Neptune #DOS!

One down & 1 to go
upload_2019-2-1_6-4-17.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUESTION to @lbacha & @siggy - Should I install my #DOS in my garage and mount it above my 50 GALLON saltwater mixing station and run the dosing tubing around the house like the RODI lines or install it right under the cabinet since I will have plenty of room on my right side cabinet wall which I think might be the best place for it. Any Recommendations would be greatly appreciated? Also, ones I am done, you will see zero wires since I will tight them up with some #Raceway #Gateway #tracks!

50 gal Saltwater Mixing Station .png

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see Everything is going good, this is going to be a KILLER setup. Those MD control panels are Brilliant!

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is I was going to have a sump MFG called Building An Obsessionsbuild me some sort of panel for all my gear until I CAME across these @MarineDepot panels.
These panels are so awesome @siggy, I bought a 2nd one for all of my pumps and power bricks. I am still not 100% where I am going to be installing them but a good place maybe to the back of the tank since my cabinet is fully enclosed.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUESTION to @lbacha & @siggy - Should I install my #DOS in my garage and mount it above my 50 GALLON saltwater mixing station and run the dosing tubing around the house like the RODI lines or install it right under the cabinet since I will have plenty of room on my right side cabinet wall which I think might be the best place for it. Any Recommendations would be greatly appreciated? Also, ones I am done, you will see zero wires since I will tight them up with some #Raceway #Gateway #tracks!

50 gal Saltwater Mixing Station .png

I would probably put it by my tank for ease of use if I had space. I was a little tight for space so I put a eb4 with a fmm (leak detectors and level sensors) and then the BRS dosers. I added the FMM since this is in my laundry room in my 4th Floor apartment so a major leak in my water station would be bad.

I do like those panels based on how much I’ve spent on mine they would have been cheaper lol. I do like how the projects came out but if I had to do it over I may have just mounted the marine depot board in the cabinet I made.

d43dcb3ac1a211620c5aa1b22e836605.jpg

d6f723b1ec5d768374666935cdc6b129.jpg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new update on my CL-44 sump from #Synergy and my 10-gallon matching ATO Reservoir.
I really can't wait to see how this masterpiece is going to come out!!
#NewTankBuild #SCA150Rimless #NewSump

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 7.54.27 PM.png

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably put it by my tank for ease of use if I had space. I was a little tight for space so I put a eb4 with a fmm (leak detectors and level sensors) and then the BRS dosers. I added the FMM since this is in my laundry room in my 4th Floor apartment so a major leak in my water station would be bad.

I do like those panels based on how much I’ve spent on mine they would have been cheaper lol. I do like how the projects came out but if I had to do it over I may have just mounted the marine depot board in the cabinet I made.

@lbacha - How much did all of the material cost for your panel?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha - How much did all of the material cost for your panel?

The materials were fairly cheap (less than $100 in wood and $35 for the acrylic) I ended up using the project as an excuse to buy a new cordless router, drill and Kreg pocket screw jig that set me back a few hundred (all amazing tools that I’ll use for other projects)

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up @ my LFS Grand opening, just 1 - #Apex 1 '' Flow Sensor that will be installed on my return pump so I can keep track of how much flow I have running through my returns!
210686-neptune-fs-100.jpg

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man finally got mine wet, but what are you using for filter media? You going to add socks? A pad? Thanks for the link to the barrels! Ill have to get some if I can't find them locally.

Nvm your not using the sca sump! I am lol. You win.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lbacha- You have no idea!! No, not yet but I am planning on messing around with them this weekend! Don't worry, I will post some pictures with the pair of my #Orphek's up and running!
I still have to grab a few of my friends so I can put my SCA 150 display tank in the proper place! Let me tell you, this tank is not lite at all.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Update on my #Synergy sump and matching ATO Container.

As we all know I have been slowing working on this masterpiece for the last 2 years and it's finally coming to the finish line as far as getting it up and running!
#Synergy has shipped out my CL-44 Sump and my 10 Gallon #Synergy Matching ATO #Reservoir Looks like the eagle is in the air and it will be landing this Tuesday per FEDEX.

Many thanks, @mixer911 for the Superior customer service over @ #Synergy #Reef #Systems!!! I can't not freaking wait to see this sump and MY MATCHING ATO CONTAINER.....Urrrrrr......

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** Saturday Update on my @MarineDepot control panels **

First, I have to paint my cabinet area white today and I am going to be planning on finishing up the two @MarineDepot panels that I sourced. They are not cheap but they are worth every single penny. You can feel free to try to source the material elsewhere but in the end, you will pay more than what I PAID for these at MD panels.

MD PANEL1 Dexlue Version for all of my #Apex Gear: 2 FMM Mods / #WXM mod to control my MP40QWD's and my #Avast Marine break outbox

MD PANEL2.jpeg

2Nd MD panel is for all of my pumps, skimmer controller and all of my power supplies.
I will most likely be buying a 2nd Neptune 832bar and mount that where the Kill-A-Watt power supply is located.

Panel2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to do some Dremel work, so I picked up a Dremel 3000 from Home Depot and a bulkhead power supply.

upload_2019-2-10_13-48-21.png

Plus, I ordered one of these bulkheads that are a power supply that has a plug in it and you can install it flush mounted up under my cabinet.

upload_2019-2-10_13-49-23.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has finally come AFTER 2 years of patiently waiting:

My new #Synergy CL-44 sump and a 10 Gallon ATO Container is out for delivery! You have no idea on how hard it was for me to chose between the following Sump MFGS that I had narrowed it down to before I pulled the Trigger.
I was looking at the #Banshee, #PrimoAcrylics, #Georeef, #MRC, #RoyalExclusiv, Trigger sumps, and Eshoops new sumps and others.

In the end, I went with the company where I originally bought my 20'' External Overflow box when I bought my Sca Rimless 150. I just wanted to say many thanks to Rick over @ #Synergy Reef Sytems for the Superior customer service and the all of the updates
that you gave me throughout the process of the sump build. Also, can't wait to see this slight modification for one of Bud's L-2 Turbo Aquatics Algae Scrubber.

The Eagle has LANDED & out for delivery! YAHOOOOOOOO.....;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing:):):):):):)
Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 9.18.40 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** BOOOMMM - THE EAGLE HAS LANDED FROM CALI **

My CL-44 #Synergy Sump and Matching ATO reservoir have been received and 1 word - WOW!
I mean this sump is built like a tank and the acrylic craftsmanship is Above & Beyond along w laser etched numbers.
cropped-MadeUSA-150x150.png

Drum ROOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing;Singing
IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 120 81.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back