OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this off ebay last night for my #apex Pnup ATO pump so it does not move around in my #Synergy 10 gallon ATO container.
Then all I need to do is add a 3rd sensors and use it as my low sensor in my ATO container, and ones it hits that low sensor, my RODI will kick on and I will also, have a high sensor in the ATO to tell the RODI TO kick off.
s-l1600.jpg

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this off ebay last night for my #apex Pnup ATO pump so it does not move around in my #Synergy 10 gallon ATO container.
Then all I need to do is add a 3rd sensors and use it as my low sensor in my ATO container, and ones it hits that low sensor, my RODI will kick on and I will also, have a high sensor in the ATO to tell the RODI TO kick off.
s-l1600.jpg

Do you have a link? I could use one of those for my setup. Thanks!

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link? I could use one of those for my setup. Thanks!

@nbd13 - I bought from a seller called autonomousaquatics off ebay. Also, this guy makes all kinds of 3d parts, for example, he has the Vortech covers and the Vectra return pump inlet covers and the Pnup stands..

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a dry fit run one more time, just to make sure everything was measured correctly before I start gluing my pipes #NewTankBuild

Pix of my main drain which has my 1.5'' Spears gate valve

Drain2.jpeg

This is what the main drain looks like from the back of the tank
2 - 45's and 1 90'

drains.jpeg

Last edited:

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome build thread and you can tell you've put a lot of thought into everything. I especially like the pic of you with disgust about your sump being dropped in transit. It's all part of the game. It looks like you are just about ready to go with water in the tank. Do you think that will happen in the next week or so?

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome build thread and you can tell you've put a lot of thought into everything. I especially like the pic of you with disgust about your sump being dropped in transit. It's all part of the game. It looks like you are just about ready to go with water in the tank. Do you think that will happen in the next week or so?

@Land Shark - I really do appreciate you going through and skimming through my thread, I started following you and I hope you do the same for me on here! I am going to try to finish up all of the plumbing it in the next week or so, and then I will be installing my @Orphek - Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) LED pair of fixtures. The only reason why I haven't started messing with my new Orphek - Atlantik Compacts is b/c I have to get 4 of my friends and move the SCA 150 in the correct location of my house since the tank is currently sitting in another room since I have been storing it for over 2 yrs. My goal is for the end of the month to have my dream tank up and running and then its time to kick back with a few Adult Beverages and celebrate that my dream tank is finally up and running and then I can end this build thread. Again, thanks for following along,
if you haven't already feel free to follow me on my Reef page which is the link below:

Henry81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Henry81 - FEW questions if you don't mind mate! 1st, awesome system, and great choice in tanks.
2nd, was there any reason why you chose to use all 45's instead of 90 PVC fittings? The way I am going to be hard plumbing my 20'' Synergy Overflow box with 3 1.5'' drains is I am running them start down then connected to a 90! I will have a Spears 1.5 gate valve my main drain.

The only reason why I ask is some reefers believe that if you use all 45's that you will get more flow PER hour vs using 3 90's which Bulk Reef Supply has proven its a ''Myth Buster''
Also, if this is an SCA 150, why did you go with such a small sump from Eshoops? Is it b/c you are going w/ the triton method? The only problem is your refuge is way to small if you want the Triton method to work the proper way!
BRStv Investigates: Which reduces more flow, 45 or 90 degree elbows?

Drains
1.5 DRAINS 3.jpg

My Returns

My Returns.jpg

I ended up picking up a new varios 8 for a steal, so decided to keep my varios 6 for my frag tank that i plan on plumbing in when im ready to start fragging. No leaks at all in plumbing. The varios 8 runs on the lowest setting with plenty of flow to dt. I have two mp40 at 80% in my dt and flow is perfect with no dead spots and plenty of surface agitation with no sand blowing around ( 2 bags meso flake and 1 bag mini flake for almost 2” deep sand bed. With the eshopps sump the setup is completely silent. I went with smaller 30 gallon sump because i didnt want hi flow through sump, my skimmer is on 3rd setting and pulls out black coffee color skimmate. Smaller sump and ro elite 200sss skimmer = plenty of dwell time in skimmer compartment for skimmer to really work and pull out nasties. My fuge is smaller because im counting on my skimmer for nutrient export, fuge is only for pod breeding and population. I started the tank with 2 bottles of fritz zyme 9 and it worked perfect. Cycled it with a mated pair of black phantom clowns . I have a 75 gallon quarantine tank setup to run cupramine on new fish before adding to dt. Tank has been setup for a month and now has the clowns, a naso and a melanarus wrasse. Everyone is doing great, healthy and fat. Also added a couple real nice aussie acan, bowerbanki acan, hulk zoas, superman lobo, favites war coral and wall hammer, all doing real well. All params stable and im really impressed with sca tank. Have a blue hippo in quarantine right now. Plan on having roughly 15-20 fish all said and done. Also purchased a huge grotto and a huge bonsai from aqua tecture plus 80lbs marco rock from billys reef connection. Man i love this setup
178f0f6519cf91c7cc9437b265dedca3.jpg
e279323deb1e0f4498d796a83b126872.jpg
0cb3630001cd3ee6f2e895ee7484300e.jpg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nwest, 1st, thanks for the following along on my build thread, it's much appreciated. Back to your question, I have only 7 bags (Tropic Eden Mesoflakes aragonite crumbs, which are 2.7mm in size). This time around I did want to go with Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand since that substrate would have been blowing around like a Tornado due to the size of the aragonite size and due to the flow, I will be pumping inside of the 150. I mean, I will have two MP40QWD's on each side of my 150 and my 2 #TUNZE Turbelle Nanostreams 6055's will be installed on the back part of the tank to hit any dead spots that my MP40qwd's miss if that makes sense? My Tropic Eden substrate bags are only 20lbs, not your average 30lbs bags like how Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, comes. I am likely going to need all of them according to @MarineDepot sandbed calculator, please see below and I added a link for the sandbed calculator for others that are planning on setting up a new tank and you're not sure how thick to lay your substrate.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.33.16 AM.png

https://www.marinedepot.com/md_educationcenter_calculators_sand_bed_calculator.html

Tropic Eden Meso.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finishing up recuring my Ultra Premium Fiji Live rock for the last 3 months getting it ready for the new build. Actually, to be honest, it's ready now since all the parameter is spot on!
I am using this rock THAT's covered in beneficial bacterial so that I why I chose to keep it, since I bought in 2004 and even since then its been in my 120 that I just tore down and about 25 pounds of some old school Tonga Branches that you no longer can get!

Ultra Fiji Scape 3.jpeg

Re-curing.jpeg

re-curring.jpeg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Update! I am just waiting on my electrician so he can add two more outlets behind my tank which will be tied to the main house circuit breaker panel.
Ones that is complete, it will be time to hard plumb and glue my drains.

Henry81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nwest, 1st, thanks for the following along on my build thread, it's much appreciated. Back to your question, I have only 7 bags (Tropic Eden Mesoflakes aragonite crumbs, which are 2.7mm in size). This time around I did want to go with Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand since that substrate would have been blowing around like a Tornado due to the size of the aragonite size and due to the flow, I will be pumping inside of the 150. I mean, I will have two MP40QWD's on each side of my 150 and my 2 #TUNZE Turbelle Nanostreams 6055's will be installed on the back part of the tank to hit any dead spots that my MP40qwd's miss if that makes sense? My Tropic Eden substrate bags are only 20lbs, not your average 30lbs bags like how Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, comes. I am likely going to need all of them according to @MarineDepot sandbed calculator, please see below and I added a link for the sandbed calculator for others that are planning on setting up a new tank and you're not sure how thick to lay your substrate.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 8.33.16 AM.png

https://www.marinedepot.com/md_educationcenter_calculators_sand_bed_calculator.html

Tropic Eden Meso.JPG

Holy sand. I used 3 30lb bags, havent seen them in 20lb. So 90 lb got me 2” deep. Gotta acount for the area rock takes up

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working a little bit on my drains and how I going to be setting them up! First ! I drilled 3 2inch holes in the back of my SCA 150 CABINET so I CAN run all of my plumbing in the back of the tank so you will not be able to see it vs running under the cabinet.
I wanted to save plenty of room for my Turbo Algae Scrubber after I get my new tank cycled!

Synergy Sump Plumbing.jpg

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why you decided not to go with the Euro brace? And did this take them longer to make instead of going with the stock 150 they already offer with the Euro brace? Sorry if already asked.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why you decided not to go with the Euro brace? And did this take them longer to make instead of going with the stock 150 they already offer with the Euro brace? Sorry if already asked.

B/c i am going to be floating my canopy over my Orphek lighting inside! My mounting brackets for my lighting will not fit on a Eurobrace tank! Make sense? Anyways, I have to take some time off for an unexpected emergency come that I NEED to attend!
I should have everything up and running very shortly so we can finally end this journey!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back