Fluval Evo 13.5 feeding chamber cover

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
11,641
Reaction score
13,157
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed a problem with my hood on my fluval 13.5 was the open gap for feeding the fish. The problem was that I have a firefish who could jump out. So, I designed this cover and printed it out. The design could use some modification, but I’m on the right track.
9FBE249C-251C-4916-8127-81167DE68923.jpeg
 
I’ve noticed a problem with my hood on my fluval 13.5 was the open gap for feeding the fish. The problem was that I have a firefish who could jump out. So, I designed this cover and printed it out. The design could use some modification, but I’m on the right track.
9FBE249C-251C-4916-8127-81167DE68923.jpeg
Always thought that was for the little cooler they sell that fits in there. Either way I hated the stock light and hood first upgrades were a new lid from top lids and light form current which I regret and would've gone kessil


Good stopper tho!

Should post this up in the 3d printed items forum see if anyone wants to buy some!
 
Always thought that was for the little cooler they sell that fits in there. Either way I hated the stock light and hood first upgrades were a new lid from top lids and light form current which I regret and would've gone kessil


Good stopper tho!

Should post this up in the 3d printed items forum see if anyone wants to buy some!
That’d be great, though it’s nowhere near complete yet. It has a problem where it falls easily into the tank if placed improperly, so it will take a while to make something that fits better. Thanks for the interest though!
 
I’m currently measuring the opening to get an exact fit. The corners are the most difficult part.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new