Fluval Evo 13.5 Skimmer Issue

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers,

I decided to add the Skimmer in the first chamber last night but then decided to take it out after 3 hours of being in there due to my return pump seemed like it was throwing out air bubbles the whole time. Like it was lacking water in the 3rd chamber. When I took it out, my return pump seem to go back to normal.

Is there a way to fix that or to add something different in the 1st chamber. I already have the inTank Media rack in the 2nd chamber. Any suggestions?

Bigtex817

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have in my chambers from left to right looking at the back of the honeycomb design. Pump, heater. Middle chamber is stock filter. 3rd chamber is aquatic life 115 skimmer had to remove the sucking cups for it to fit and increase water volume in the display tank for skimmer to work and have no bubbles in tank.

dmankin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron,

I'll be following this thread, as I have just purchased an EVO 13.5 myself. I have not put the sand/rocks/water in yet, but have the components in place, including the PS2 skimmer in the 1st chamber. As I was lowering the skimmer into the chamber, it occurred to me that I did not know if there is a front/back proper way to have it sitting in the provided space. I wonder if that could be an issue with the bubbles? I'm just guessing. I have read from some folks that they are very happy with the skimmer, but it does take some time for it to start working properly, apparently.

Looking forward to reading what others say on this. I'll probably add the sand, rocks and water in a week or two.

Dave

OP
OP
A

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friend

You are going to have a great time with this little tank as you can tell, a lot of people in the Nano section has one lol . I love mine so far but living in Texas… it is tough to keep the temp of my tank steady so I bought a hook on fan from amazon to keep the water around 75-76 degrees. Please send pictures of your aquascape when you have it! Yes, a lot of people like the skimmer and I believe I had it exactly where I wanted it but you could be right… it may have been tilting a little to were it was sending micro bubbles all the way to the 3rd chamber and shooting them out. I did not like the look so I decided to take it out. Plus, I heard it isn't really needed as long as you do water changers once a week.

T2LEE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I added the skimmer, then bubbles from return nozzle. I found out that the water level has to be just right and after the first day the bubbles stopped.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back