Fluval Evo

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 13.5 gallon fluval evo. It’s a mixed reef tank with both softies, lps and some sps. Clowns are living large, along with our diamondback goby who has more personality than some people I know. We’ve got an AI Prime 16hd up top and recently started some reef roids!

91107374-4233-47A9-84BD-FACBB73E4827.jpeg

Skarpz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I have 1 also just starting got a late run on it after fighting with warenty for flipn ever, waist of time. What did you use for rock and did you keep the factory return pump?

OP
OP
KaitieLady

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started with live rock and live sand, we’ve got some fiji and one piece of man made. We’ve got about 20 lbs but it’s not too crowded - everything is thriving. No we swapped out the pump for a jbj 1800 and an additional power head

DrunkenViking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You running a sump or anything? How's evaporation?
We have been talking about doing a sump. Maybe adding like a 10 gallon and trying to figure out how we can plumb it where it won’t look ridiculous. Evaporation is pretty high with out the lid maybe 2 gallons every other week

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome for extra water volume but might be overkill for a 13g. Any plans for a future upgrade? I went 10g the 75 a couple months later haha. Now I'm 260g and a few other tanks

DrunkenViking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome for extra water volume but might be overkill for a 13g. Any plans for a future upgrade? I went 10g the 75 a couple months later haha. Now I'm 260g and a few other tanks
We just got a super nice 40g breeder with a rubyS sump currently curing rock for it. I had a 350 gallon a few 125s and a couple 55s back in the day lol. As far as overkill I think it will just help the tank and we have this one in our bedroom so plan on keeping it really nice and full of life.

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys running for filtration? Stock one? Add on protein skimmer? Or something like the intank custom with custom media selection. I’m having a hard time deciding on what to do lol.

OP
OP
KaitieLady

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! Been trying to figure out best flow for my mixed reef tank too do you have direct flow going to the sps?
We did yes, unfortunately that bird of paradise didn’t make it, the front where it got direct flow was thriving but the backside bleached out and had significant tissue loss. We tried cutting the dead pieces off but it never recovered. RIP to the bird of paradise, loved that guy

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%

Back