Fluval Evo

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Our 13.5 gallon fluval evo. It’s a mixed reef tank with both softies, lps and some sps. Clowns are living large, along with our diamondback goby who has more personality than some people I know. We’ve got an AI Prime 16hd up top and recently started some reef roids!

91107374-4233-47A9-84BD-FACBB73E4827.jpeg

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
KaitieLady

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
We started with live rock and live sand, we’ve got some fiji and one piece of man made. We’ve got about 20 lbs but it’s not too crowded - everything is thriving. No we swapped out the pump for a jbj 1800 and an additional power head

RAP

DrunkenViking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It would be awesome for extra water volume but might be overkill for a 13g. Any plans for a future upgrade? I went 10g the 75 a couple months later haha. Now I'm 260g and a few other tanks
We just got a super nice 40g breeder with a rubyS sump currently curing rock for it. I had a 350 gallon a few 125s and a couple 55s back in the day lol. As far as overkill I think it will just help the tank and we have this one in our bedroom so plan on keeping it really nice and full of life.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
KaitieLady

KaitieLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Nice tank! Been trying to figure out best flow for my mixed reef tank too do you have direct flow going to the sps?
We did yes, unfortunately that bird of paradise didn’t make it, the front where it got direct flow was thriving but the backside bleached out and had significant tissue loss. We tried cutting the dead pieces off but it never recovered. RIP to the bird of paradise, loved that guy

Do you quarantine new coral before adding it to your reef tank?

• YES always

Votes: 87 16.7%
  • Sometimes depending (tell us why)

Votes: 60 11.5%
  • NO never

Votes: 358 68.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 2.9%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS