Fluval flex 123 or 32.5g new setup

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how well does the k1 nano skimmer work and fit? I can’t find the Ps1 anywhere either. Any pics?
It fits well. I mounted it with the magnet to one one of the side chambers. It fits with all covers in place. It is a bit tight for sure. But its clean looking and works well.

1601228989858470887176832639918.jpg

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching for verification of this everywhere. You physically own an Icecap K1 Nano and it fits in the center chamber on the rear of the flex 32.5 tank? did you have to cut out extra space on that part of the hood that snaps in?
Really considering the Icecap.. everywhere I look the PS1 has bad reviews and complaints about micro-bubbles so staying away from those..
Yes I have an ice cap k1 on my tank. It fits snug, and all covers are in place. It works well and is quiet. I have it mounted to a side chamber using the included magnet. Heres a pic.

16012292541437912272152031322141.jpg

Muwahha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don’t use anything but a filter pad. I bought 2 of the in-tank media racks but haven’t had a reason to use them for anything other than a filter pad holder. Eventually I would imagine one side becoming a mini refugium. Then the other side being used to hold carbon when I may need it.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don’t use anything but a filter pad. I bought 2 of the in-tank media racks but haven’t had a reason to use them for anything other than a filter pad holder. Eventually I would imagine one side becoming a mini refugium. Then the other side being used to hold carbon when I may need it.
I thought about the same thing, I was also curious about having a basket 3D printed to fit the top ~30% of the central chamber, add a small light either to the rear glass or right above skimmer cut out area and run a chaeto ball or something.

Also, I broke up some of my leftover rock and put it in the lower empty media basket chambers below the floss - just take the lower divider out. At least it not dead space that way

Justinv201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have an ice cap k1 on my tank. It fits snug, and all covers are in place. It works well and is quiet. I have it mounted to a side chamber using the included magnet. Heres a pic.

16012292541437912272152031322141.jpg
I bought this a couple of weeks ago. Any help on how to set it up? I tried to and turn it on and the collection cup just kept filling up, no matter how much i adjusted it or not. Plus the knob didnt have the markings on it to tell if i was lowring it or raising it.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this a couple of weeks ago. Any help on how to set it up? I tried to and turn it on and the collection cup just kept filling up, no matter how much i adjusted it or not. Plus the knob didnt have the markings on it to tell if i was lowring it or raising it.
Normal for a new skimmer to overflow for the a week or two until broken in. Also when adding certain things to the tank.
I believe clockwise lowers the level, while counter clockwise raises it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back