Fluval Flex 32.5 Gallon - Filtration Upgrade

Alfredomeinhardt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know if anybody can advise on how to upgrade the filtration system of the Fluval Flex 32.5 Gal Saltwater Tank.

It comes with two sponge filters that get dirty very fast and are hard to clean completely.

I was thinking of getting a roller Mat filter but I don't think it will function well the way the Fluval setup is.

Does anybody have experience with this tank and its filtration system?

Thanks

JCATL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know if anybody can advise on how to upgrade the filtration system of the Fluval Flex 32.5 Gal Saltwater Tank.

It comes with two sponge filters that get dirty very fast and are hard to clean completely.

I was thinking of getting a roller Mat filter but I don't think it will function well the way the Fluval setup is.

Does anybody have experience with this tank and its filtration system?

Thanks
Intank's media baskets for the flex 32 and maybe an upgraded pump, but I did the media baskets first and am not disappointed.
You can also find knockoffs on etsy that work just as well.

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and must admit the whole design isn't that great.
The sponge pads were tossed several months ago. Now I just keep extra rock in the back and run a bag of carbon.
There is a skimmer too, but I rarely turn it on. It probably hasn't been on in about 3 months.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of media should I put in the basket?? I've never used them before
In mine I use InTank filter floss in the top of each (you can use polyfil or whatever you prefer) But I have nothing but good to say about the Intank floss. I just recently switched my media setup around to having Chemipure blue in the middle, and Purigen in the bottom, then Seachem Matrix and BioPellets in the other.

Retholtz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the tank and I have been reading about the filter issue. Working on developing 3D print solution. In my case I have about 3 inches of clearance on the top of my tank. Obviously I cannot use the InTank media basket as I will never be able to remove it. I created 3D files which create 3 baskets (each about 2.5 inches high) with a tongue and grove attachment. It will allow me to slide each basket out laterally and exchange media as I need to. Currently printing a test print. If anyone here would like the files once I ensure they work please let me know. I am happy to upload the STL files should anyone want them...

Here are screenshots of my baskets. The first photo is the "bottom and middle", the second photo is the top with a cutout to allow flow. Each basket is 60mm high (2.36 inches). With the cutout on the top it allows flow from the top two slots within the filter system. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot_20230312_094908.png Screenshot_20230312_095018.png

Back