Fluval Flex 32 - Refugium in media section

hugosandro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm not sure if I came up with a great idea or if I'm crazy and this is going to cause issues: I took the floss and media out of the InTank media box in the left compartment and put chaeto algae in it, with floss above and below and slide in a Tunze Eco Chic Refugium light. Does anyone think it'll be a problem having filtration media only on one side? Do you all think this refugium idea will work? I put two big fist fulls of algae in it. It is clean chaeto from Algae Barn.



Thanks!
Hugo

IMG_4308.jpg
 
You'll really have to just monitor your tank parameters (nitrates, phosphates) and the overall 'cleanliness' in the sump area to make that determination. Some people do substitute a skimmer or refugium opposite their main filtration due to space constraints.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new