Fluval flex 32g - my first reef tank

ackermsb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank and the pics. I am setting up a fluval 32g as well and have a few questions for you @marcwjj

I really want to keep corals similar to yours so I love that I stumbled across your posts.

1) What type of powerheads do you have? I was thinking about (2) nero 3's but am not sure if it is too much flow.
2) Did you add a second light or are you housing those amazing corals with the light it came with?

Thanks!

OP
OP
marcwjj

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank and the pics. I am setting up a fluval 32g as well and have a few questions for you @marcwjj

I really want to keep corals similar to yours so I love that I stumbled across your posts.

1) What type of powerheads do you have? I was thinking about (2) nero 3's but am not sure if it is too much flow.
2) Did you add a second light or are you housing those amazing corals with the light it came with?

Thanks!

Glad to meet another reefer with fluval 32g! looking forwarding to hearing how it goes!

To answer your questions:
1) I put 2 eFlux wave pump (1050GPH) on each side of the tank. I put them on 80% and I think the flow is all right ( a bit too strong on the side, and a bit weak in the middle ) but the corals and nems seem happy with the setup. The nero 3 looks like 2000 GPH? as long as you can adjust the flow, you would be able to adjust to your liking :)
2) Yeah, I added a second light (both Fluval marine LED). IMO it's a worthwhile investment if you want to try some SPS corals. I have a montipora and a chalice near the top of the tank, both are growing well.

ackermsb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to meet another reefer with fluval 32g! looking forwarding to hearing how it goes!

To answer your questions:
1) I put 2 eFlux wave pump (1050GPH) on each side of the tank. I put them on 80% and I think the flow is all right ( a bit too strong on the side, and a bit weak in the middle ) but the corals and nems seem happy with the setup. The nero 3 looks like 2000 GPH? as long as you can adjust the flow, you would be able to adjust to your liking :)
2) Yeah, I added a second light (both Fluval marine LED). IMO it's a worthwhile investment if you want to try some SPS corals. I have a montipora and a chalice near the top of the tank, both are growing well.

Thanks! I think I'll go with the current lighting and ease my way into the second light. Were you able to properly house it in the canopy?

Looks like you can get t wave pumps in one package deal for the eFlux. Are you happy with them? Do they work as advertised? I am struggle as everyone seems to have a different opinion on this topic. At some point I will need to make a decision and just move forward.

OP
OP
marcwjj

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think I'll go with the current lighting and ease my way into the second light. Were you able to properly house it in the canopy?

Looks like you can get t wave pumps in one package deal for the eFlux. Are you happy with them? Do they work as advertised? I am struggle as everyone seems to have a different opinion on this topic. At some point I will need to make a decision and just move forward.
Yeah, make sure you buy the right model from Fluval website , it should be this one: https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/produ...or-flex-saltwater-aquarium-32-5-us-gal-123-l/ , and you will need to buy a separate power transformer, since the LED does not come with that.

I'm happy with the eFlux pump , (but I also never tried anything else , so it's more like I have nothing to complain as long as it's working :)

OSUTeege

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@marcwjj Did you ever install the tunze 9001? if so thoughts on how it fits in the flex? how did you mount it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back