Fluval Flex 9 Build

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided on converting the Flex 9 to Salt, I got a hell of deal so I took the gamble vs going for a Waterbox Or IM 10 Gallon Cube

The following modifications where done:

Intank Media Basket
Intank Lower Plug
IM Mini DC Pump
Random Flow Nozzle

Its been up for a little over one week using MircoBacter XLM let’s just say never using it again , Poured a bottle of Turbostart and over night almost dropped Ammonia to 0

2 Little Orange Storm Clowns Are Set To Arrive Friday ,If All goes good in a couple month will be making this tank a Anemone Tank

IMG_3632.jpeg IMG_3629.jpeg IMG_3637.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided on converting the Flex 9 to Salt, I got a hell of deal so I took the gamble vs going for a Waterbox Or IM 10 Gallon Cube

Intank Media Basket
Intank Lower Plug
IM Mini DC Pump
Random Flow Nozzle

Its been up for a little over one week using MircoBacter XLM let’s just say never using it again , Poured a bottle of Turbostart and over night almost dropped Ammonia to 0

2 Little Orange Storm Clowns Are Set To Arrive Friday ,If All goes good in a couple month will be making this tank a Anemone Tank

Great looking start! Love the way those flex tanks look

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I have a 15 flex and have always wanted to convert it but my wife would kill me if I got rid of the hateful 8 (cardinal tetras) and my skrimps.

Interested to see how you convert it. Any plans for a mini protein skimmer eventually? Converting the light?
Check out lidpropshop on Etsy. He has a clear acrylic that would look good with a 16hd prime or equivalent

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I have a 15 flex and have always wanted to convert it but my wife would kill me if I got rid of the hateful 8 (cardinal tetras) and my skrimps.

Interested to see how you convert it. Any plans for a mini protein skimmer eventually? Converting the light?
Check out lidpropshop on Etsy. He has a clear acrylic that would look good with a 16hd prime or equivalent
I honestly regret not getting the Flex 15 , would have been good to have those extra 6 gallons. You should definitely convert over nothing beats saltwater in my opinion.

Honestly Iv never been a fan of Protein skimmers on a nano , I feel like weekly 20% water changes will do the job.

I did see the Lids , I ended up going for the Kraken Reef Lid I should be getting it tomorrow.

lujanroy75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Intank Media Basket
Intank Lower Plug
IM Mini DC Pump
Random Flow Nozzle

Sweet set up. Can you provide links to your upgrades. I have the same set up. I just converted lights I’m laser cutting my own lid also have changed out sump pump. I’m in search of a skimmer that will work and was looking for a media basket myself. Your help would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set up. Can you provide links to your upgrades. I have the same set up. I just converted lights I’m laser cutting my own lid also have changed out sump pump. I’m in search of a skimmer that will work and was looking for a media basket myself. Your help would be greatly appreciated
Hello Unfortunately , It came down pretty quick and went to a bigger setup since it was no longer going to be at my desk, I do have a brand new Kraken Reef Lid if you decide not to make your own . As far as skimmer I would not add one , I feel like WC as far easier and cost effective

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back