Fluval marine 3.0 lighting settings

fearlessreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand the sporadic points you guys run, it's to mimic the sun not a disco..
First is my 75g display mixed reef tank, second is my planted freshwater 49gal bowfront, third is my 60 g long cichlid tank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419_215316_FluvalSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_215316_FluvalSmart.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20230419_215337_FluvalSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_215337_FluvalSmart.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20230419_215416_FluvalSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_215416_FluvalSmart.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 111

jneu82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals have you had luck with these settings? I'm running x2 fluval marine 3.0 bars across my 32g. I have all softies but I'm beginning to wonder if running the purple, blue and teal all at 100% x2 is too much. They don't seem to be growing and I know it takes a while just figured after a few months I'd see some results

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals have you had luck with these settings? I'm running x2 fluval marine 3.0 bars across my 32g. I have all softies but I'm beginning to wonder if running the purple, blue and teal all at 100% x2 is too much. They don't seem to be growing and I know it takes a while just figured after a few months I'd see some results
I rub blues and purple almost 100$, add in some, add in some cyan and pinks.

You have to set the schedule for sunrise, mid day, sunset and night...it takes a minute to figure out...but it works.

I have all the euphyllias...all the zoas, a pocillopora, an Anacropora, a branching montipora a stylophora, and 3 ricordeas, 2 goniopora 4 fish, a starfish, an Urchin, 4 peppermint shrimp, and decent amount of CUC snails.

1 piece of Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock, 20lbs of Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Ocean Sand, in addition to 35lbs of Caribsea mixed sand

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there hope all is good. I'm now running 2 of the marine 3.0 48" strips over my flex 32g all softies and still trying to fund a good lighting setup. Can you email me please. [email protected]
I've switched to two 140 watt noopsyche lights. not sure why you would want me to email you though.

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My post , 4 posts above with my settings is a mixed reef tank with fish.
I also have a 40b and have two of the fluval 3.0’s over it. Have you ever taken a par measurement?

I’m tempted to rent one from the lfs just to see where I’m at. I have no idea if I’m burning things or starving them.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 40b and have two of the fluval 3.0’s over it. Have you ever taken a par measurement?

I’m tempted to rent one from the lfs just to see where I’m at. I have no idea if I’m burning things or starving them.
I have never taken a PAR measurement, I just simply go by "How do the corals look"

As stated already, I have SPS and LPS, Green Slimer,Pocillopora, Stylophora, Orange Branching Montis, zoas, Hammer, torch, Frogspawn etc...and everything looks to be doing good with my current settings...good growth, colors, etc....so thats what I go by.

And quite honestly, even with 2 of those, you probably can't burn anything..as they are good lights, but not overpowering.

I run 1 3.0 and then a Fluval Nano across the top middle...had a nice Chinese Black Box light, but controls were not user friendly...so all the fluval runs on same app. In my settings above Roatan Reef is the 3.0, Roatan Reef #2 is the Nano.

20230712_202208.jpg 20230712_202156.jpg 20230712_202145.jpg 20230712_202121.jpg 20230712_202113.jpg

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the light and the app for its simplicity. If I found another used 36” fluval I would buy it.

Off topic but I’ve been looking at getting a noopsyche or Smatfarm. I ordered the Smatfarm from amazon (so I could return it if needed) and it came in today. Don’t know if you’ve ever tried the “puck” single point style light or not but it makes the tank look significantly different and I’m not sure that I like it. Lots of shadows and ripples rather than everything lit up.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the light and the app for its simplicity. If I found another used 36” fluval I would buy it.

Off topic but I’ve been looking at getting a noopsyche or Smatfarm. I ordered the Smatfarm from amazon (so I could return it if needed) and it came in today. Don’t know if you’ve ever tried the “puck” single point style light or not but it makes the tank look significantly different and I’m not sure that I like it. Lots of shadows and ripples rather than everything lit up.
Yea, om very happy with my lights currently, ease of use, and I get good ripples/light effects with then both...1 day, I'm sure I'll upgrade and go bigger and will need different lights, but...currently The KISS method is great for me...

Keep It Simple Stupid!

Lights on an app, main power heads/Wave makers on an app, canister filter, 2 constantly on Sicce Nano powe heads, bi weekly water changes, dosing All4Reef...and that's about it. Easy!

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grow SPS, LPS, and softies under these lights, keep in mind I am using 3 marine nano's on 30" tanks at nearly max settings. Great lights!
I have blues maxed out pretty much all day with white and pink ramping up to 80% for a few hours mid day.

If I could get by without as much white I would be good. Although without knowing my par I may be able to.

I’m probably going to get the par meter this Friday if he has it in and test it on different settings.

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, om very happy with my lights currently, ease of use, and I get good ripples/light effects with then both...1 day, I'm sure I'll upgrade and go bigger and will need different lights, but...currently The KISS method is great for me...

Keep It Simple Stupid!

Lights on an app, main power heads/Wave makers on an app, canister filter, 2 constantly on Sicce Nano powe heads, bi weekly water changes, dosing All4Reef...and that's about it. Easy!
I bought a Kasa smart power strip to put everything on and it was a game changer for me. I didn’t know they even made them!

Now I can hit a button on the phone to turn off the heater and wavemaker when I’m changing water or feeding.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Kasa smart power strip to put everything on and it was a game changer for me. I didn’t know they even made them!

Now I can hit a button on the phone to turn off the heater and wavemaker when I’m changing water or feeding.
Nice, I'm looking it up now...after all it is Prime Deal Days...will have to figure out how to hook up to battery backup

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I'm looking it up now...after all it is Prime Deal Days...will have to figure out how to hook up to battery backup
Kasa has a super simple app. You can schedule on/off times or just hit a button to turn something on or off. It even tells you how much power something is using.
IMG_1101.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Kasa smart strips are amazing.

As for the original ask, par is pretty low on these lights. I have a par meter and run one over my 10g frag tank since I replaced my lights with Noopsyche over my fluval flex 32. Run blue, violet and teal at 100 no matter what, they make up so much less of the lights on the bar that you need them for the blue spectrum. Whites, run them min 30, but honestly you need to crank them to get any decent par.

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kasa smart strips are amazing.

As for the original ask, par is pretty low on these lights. I have a par meter and run one over my 10g frag tank since I replaced my lights with Noopsyche over my fluval flex 32. Run blue, violet and teal at 100 no matter what, they make up so much less of the lights on the bar that you need them for the blue spectrum. Whites, run them min 30, but honestly you need to crank them to get any decent par.
Do you happen to remember what par you were getting?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back