Fluval marine 3.0 lighting settings

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
542EEBD9-DBF9-48AE-95B7-BCC68BB33C9F.png

I got about 150 par with this setting the light 1” above water level and measuring 8” below water surface.

honestly, I have no idea of the spectrum on these lights and I got it basically free used - they’ve been around for a while. I’d go T5 or with a viparpsectra if it were for my display.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
542EEBD9-DBF9-48AE-95B7-BCC68BB33C9F.png

I got about 150 par with this setting the light 1” above water level and measuring 8” below water surface.

honestly, I have no idea of the spectrum on these lights and I got it basically free used - they’ve been around for a while. I’d go T5 or with a viparpsectra if it were for my display.
What's the par level of 100% blue and velvet?, Nevermind, lol I couldn't see them with reflection behind me :)
What par meter did you use, I'm looking at renting or buying one?

Last edited:

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the par level of 100% blue and velvet?, Nevermind, lol I couldn't see them with reflection behind me :)
What par meter did you use, I'm looking at renting or buying one?
I used the apogee USB one

not the best obviously but as long as I’m within 10 or even 20% of par I’m satisfied

Holmzie123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging into this conversation. I'm finally adding corals to my tank that uses this very light. I was afraid going that high with the percents that I would bleach out all my corals. Nobody have this concern?

Ehayes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what your light setting is set to for your tank? Do you have corals or anemones? I have anemones bta, and I don't have the bright colors that I would like them to be. Before I got my anemones 3 months ago, I got sent photos of them and they were much brighter in color. When I got mine in there was no heat pack and the colors looked pale looking/ not as bright in color as it looked before it shipped. I'm thinking I need a different light setting with the above light that I use on my 13.5 gallon tank. Please let me know what your light settings are set to if you have the same as me.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what your light setting is set to for your tank? Do you have corals or anemones? I have anemones bta, and I don't have the bright colors that I would like them to be. Before I got my anemones 3 months ago, I got sent photos of them and they were much brighter in color. When I got mine in there was no heat pack and the colors looked pale looking/ not as bright in color as it looked before it shipped. I'm thinking I need a different light setting with the above light that I use on my 13.5 gallon tank. Please let me know what your light settings are set to if you have the same as me.
I do use the 3.0 with a 2 t5 tubes

Screenshot_20201221_210951_com.inledco.fluvalsmart.jpg
Screenshot_20201221_211027_com.inledco.fluvalsmart.jpg

PaulRaviele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a bad idea to just leave the default pro setting? I just got this light and dont have a par meter.. so far the screenshots I’m seeing on here have the setting all over the place I’m so confused. I’m using it on a standard 18” tall 29 gallon. Has anybody tried just leaving the pro setting?

Holmzie123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluval website thankfully has some info that could help. Check it out here

it's helpful if you're trying to guess the par at a certain height for this light. It doesnt say anywhere, but I'm assuming the LEDs are at full blast for these par readings they're describing.

Mycoplant845

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm still in the process of cycling my new tank and have recently purchased the Fluval marine 3.0 lights. Would anybody mind sharing the settings youre using on the app that are giving you the best results. I plan on having more coral than fish, and am currently running a nuvo 30L tank with about 30 lbs of live rock in it. Just waiting for it to fully cycle before I start adding things into it. Screen shots of your settings for the app would be appreciated. Still trying to figure out what settings are best. Thanks
15799F82-FFE7-41A9-9F1E-322B593C307D.png

This is my lighting

PaulRaviele

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15799F82-FFE7-41A9-9F1E-322B593C307D.png

This is my lighting
I’ve been using this light with the preset pro setting for about 3 months and everything seems to be doing good so far. I used the setting called “color boost” and only adjusted it so that the times match up to my schedule better but didn’t change any of the light intensities. I have the app on a different device, I’ll try to remember to upload a screenshot later on when I can

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late on finding this light, but this is exactly what I want for our 75g.

Would you guys recommend 1 or 2 48" of these for a 75g with soft corals and eventually anenomes and hard corals? I would assume 2 would be better, but saltwater lights are out of my realm of knowledge lol.

Thank you!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would you guys recommend 1 or 2 48" of these for a 75g with soft corals and eventually anenomes and hard corals? I would assume 2 would be better, but saltwater lights are out of my realm of knowledge lol.

Thank you!
I would say 2 of the 48-60".

Holmzie123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you!
Do 2. These don't have the highest wattage and since they're strips it'll help you get more even spread. That'll be helpful for when big corals start to shade little corals

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really debating going with 2 of these still. We aren't sure how high of demanding corals we're gonna go for but I'm thinking anenomes and torches may would be the most demanding.

Our arctic revives are on backorder with no date on when they'll be available for shipping.

I know these aren't the highest rated, but just reading and reading to see if 2 may would cut it.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really debating going with 2 of these still. We aren't sure how high of demanding corals we're gonna go for but I'm thinking anenomes and torches may would be the most demanding.

Our arctic revives are on backorder with no date on when they'll be available for shipping.

I know these aren't the highest rated, but just reading and reading to see if 2 may would cut it.
2 should be perfect, I'm just about to order a 2nd one and remove my tube and older Fluval LED.

Nirsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - you shared amazing light settings! Can you also save them and share the program?

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my current settings.
I get about 250 par at most. But read up to 600 par right at the lens.

Attachments

• BFDAF204-99AF-4827-8CCA-BBB13C2077F6.png
    BFDAF204-99AF-4827-8CCA-BBB13C2077F6.png
    763.6 KB · Views: 522

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back