Fluval Sea 32.5 Nano Reef

Mountainreefer4339

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far @ 1.023 SG, thanks to my Hanna Salinity tester! Bonus entry! More to come...
MVIMG_20200406_112541.jpg
 
No, is a 1.024 is little low, but it could work as a hardy coral reef or fish only. Still I would aim for 1.025 or 1.026.
Ok, thanks for the help. But why the higher salinity? Everything I've read says 1.023-1.025 for a reef.
 
Ok, thanks for the help. But why the higher salinity? Everything I've read says 1.023-1.025 for a reef.
It’s just the optimal level for keeping corals healthy. If you kept it at 1.023 some of your corals might struggle. So that’s why I would recommend 1.025-1.026.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new